Finally got the hang of the 'intersect command'

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, I figured it would be better to figure out how to do a 3 way molding joint by doing it in sketchup first.

Well, it took me a little while, but I finally go the hang of the intersect tool.

Now if I can only make it work with the real moldings...

3wayCoveMolding.jpg

Enjoy.

My wife went to her mother's for the evening. Ian and I were supposed to go but I'm not feeling great and Ian has a fever and cough. Great way to spend Christmas.:rolleyes:

Ooof, Sick on Christmas eve. Not a good way to spend it. You have my sympathies.

I try not to ever leave the house during the winter anymore. I haven't been sick in several years.

Sharon and I are watching an episode of BattleStar Galactica, then switching over to the Tim Allen Santa Clause movies in a little while.

Being a hermit in the desert has it's perks, dontcha know!

sq cut the first one into the corner than cope the second one into it and the third into them. Easy as pie.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I would run out to the shop and show ya how but i am to lazy to do that at this hour and I have not figured out taptalk yet so no pics from me until I do.:thumb:

If it was 2, I'd cope it. It's that third cove molding that has me stymied. Probably need to make some test pieces before I go for it.

Hmmmm, That's an interesting idea. Still, it's for a built in cabinet, so I think I'll have to give either the 3-way miter, or coped joint at least a shot. But that is a tempting idea.

That's an impressive piece of joinery for sure!

What I'm doing is just some trim to hide the corners in a built in cabinet. Will probably work up the cube idea and see how it looks in SU.

But still kind of leaning towards the miter...