Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New interview

New interview

Hi Folks,
    I posted a new interview yesterday - with Glenn Bradley.
    It has been too long since the last one, and it seems, judging by the number of views, to be going under the radar.
    Just thought I'd mention it. Here's the link:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...-Glenn-Bradley
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Thanks Ken, I was wondering about any new interviews. I went and looked at new posts, posts from the past 3 & 7 days and it does not show up? Thanks for the link and am heading there now

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Thanks Ken, I was wondering about any new interviews. I went and looked at new posts, posts from the past 3 & 7 days and it does not show up? Thanks for the link and am heading there now
    That is strange. I rely on the new post feature to do all my reading, so if it does not show up as a new post, I will miss it.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

I also noticed that the Interviews sub-forum did not show under New Posts until I selected "None" as the excluded forums under the General Settings area of the User CP . . . . not that I wanted to read about myself .

I hope folks enjoy it as much as I did in participating in it. Lots of fun and thanks for the opportunity.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I will have to check that out, just replied to the interview thread an it is not showing on new posts?

Still not working for me and I did check and re-establish that I did not want to hide any forums as Glenn suggested.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    Still not working for me and I did check and re-establish that I did not want to hide any forums as Glenn suggested.
    Ditto???

That forum was setup to not be indexed by search engines. I beleive when we had set that up we had discussed it and felt that it would afford the members a small degree of privacy. I.e. if some one googled you, your interview should not show up in the search.

It appears that as a part of that function, new posts in that forum will not be included in the 'New Posts' or 'Todays posts' search functions.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    Sorry, bad data. Bill's results are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    That forum was setup to not be indexed by search engines. I beleive when we had set that up we had discussed it and felt that it would afford the members a small degree of privacy. I.e. if some one googled you, your interview should not show up in the search.

It appears that as a part of that function, new posts in that forum will not be included in the 'New Posts' or 'Todays posts' search functions.
    I seem to recall that discussion. Oops, old age already!?! I still agree with the logic, I had just forgotten about it.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 12-28-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post

We can just bump this thread periodically to let people know about the interview.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com