Hi from Buffalo!

Sean Wright

My wife and I bought our 1st (and current) house in the fall of 2001. Before that I had no place to have a shop. I have undertaken many projects as a homeowner. It has also been a good excuse to acquire a sizeable tool collection! :D

I remember doing woodworking projects with my Dad as a boy. The smell of saw dust brings back good childhood memories. Woodworking was always something that I wanted to get into, myself. I have enjoying woodworking as a hoby for the past few years. I have had no formal training in the craft. I learned from my Dad, read some, experimented some, and learned from my mistakes along the way!

I accidently stumbled upon Familywoodworking an thought it was a great resource.

I look forward to learning and sharing with the community on this forum.

I will post some pictures of my projects, both complete and inprogress soon. I'll also post my shop tour too!

Welcome Sean, it sounds like you have come into woodworking like most of the rest of us.

So.............. got any pics of your "Tool Collection" :D

Cheers!

:wave: A big hello and welcome. I'm also new to this forum and have found the people to be really friendly and helpful. It is also a wonderful place for information. Glad to have you aboard.

Al,

I'm in Hamburg. I just figured that no one would know where Hamburg NY is, so I said Buffalo. If it counts for anything I grew up in South Buffalo, and currently work in downtown Buffalo !

-Sean

Howdy neighbor from rainy Rochester! :wave: I look forward to enjoying some of the same crappy weather you get to experience a couple of hours before us! At least we've got high taxes thank God! :huh: :rofl:

BTW - I went to the last Woodworking Show in Hamburg.

Welcome and enjoy your stay....:thumb:

Howdy neighbor from rainy Rochester! :wave: I look forward to enjoying some of the same crappy weather you get to experience a couple of hours before us! At least we've got high taxes thank God! :huh: :rofl:

BTW - I went to the last Woodworking Show in Hamburg.

Welcome and enjoy your stay....:thumb:
Scott,

I lived in the Rochester area for about 2 years, actually it was in Greece near Ontario Beach Park. Nice area, and the weather is slightly better than Buffalo!

I went to the Woodworking show in Hamburg too! I took my 2 year old son. He seemed to enjoy it, quite a bit.

-Sean

Scott,

I lived in the Rochester area for about 2 years, actually it was in Greece near Ontario Beach Park. Nice area, and the weather is slightly better than Buffalo!

I went to the Woodworking show in Hamburg too! I took my 2 year old son. He seemed to enjoy it, quite a bit.

-Sean

I'm in Greece too, off Long Pond Rd. about 3/4mi south of the Lake Ontario Parkway. Beautiful day here this afternoon! :thumb:

I'm in Greece too, off Long Pond Rd. about 3/4mi south of the Lake Ontario Parkway. Beautiful day here this afternoon! :thumb:
I lived probably about 5 minutes from you, when I was up there. Its a nice area. My wife and I used to walk from our apt. to the beach all the time. (15 min away)

Thats a nice looking coffee table. Where did you get the plans, or did you design it yourself?

-Sean

Thanks Sean. The coffee table was my design. It was one of those go out into the shop and "wing it" projects. It's made mostly of reclaimed QSWO from a salvaged water damaged armoire that belonged to my MIL.

Here's a bigger pic with a bit more detail:

WOcoffeetable.jpg

Thanks Sean. The coffee table was my design. It was one of those go out into the shop and "wing it" projects. It's made mostly of reclaimed QSWO from a salvaged water damaged armoire that belonged to my MIL.

Here's a bigger pic with a bit more detail:

WOcoffeetable.jpg
Scott,

What did you use as a pattern for the curved cuts at the bottem of your table?

That is one thing I struggle with, is were to get good arc shapes to trace a pattern from.

Thanks !