Plywood cutting jig

larry merlau

here is what makes a third hand for me in breaking down plywood, made from scrounged parts that are readily available and used some yankee ingenuity and ideas seen elsewhere in others shops or magazines.

plywood table extender 001.jpg sets up quick with the use of my scrap barrel.
plywood table extender 002.jpg dismantles easily and realigns with notches for the next round.
plywood table extender 003.jpg the main support arm slides out of the way into my fence tubes tot he screw stop so it doesnt get lost inside:)
plywood table extender 004.jpg and support given threw this allows a one man crosscut in plywood to be much safer than without it.

Pretty nifty Larry.:thumb:

I see an opportunity to improve it a little. It looks like there is enough room under the rear cross member in the first picture to add a set of fold up legs to it. Then you wouldn't need the barrel or shims anymore.

Pretty nifty Larry.:thumb:

I see an opportunity to improve it a little. It looks like there is enough room under the rear cross member in the first picture to add a set of fold up legs to it. Then you wouldn't need the barrel or shims anymore.

hey alan go ahead sketch out what your thinking as i had thought about that for some time and couldnt come up witha plan that would allow for the uneven floor and be long enough to do the job and be stable.. i am all eyes and ears bud:)

Neat idea and just what i came here to find. My question is where did you get the rollers thats just what i am after for my generator enclosure. I been scratching my head all day thinking about how to do a sliding table but had those rollers in my head just not seen them here before. Used to use it for roller conveyor way back in the day in the factory.

It looks like you have what you need already attached to the underside in the form of some 2 x 2's with what looks like 1 x 4 attached to the end under where it mounts to the 2 x 4 that goes into the fence rail. Mount a couple of hinges on the end towards the outfeed table and some leg levelers on the bottom.

Not sure how tall that barrel is with the shims on top and just how long is the roller assembly?

plywood table extender 001 (1).jpg

Last edited:
the rollers came from MO but i have seen them around here rob, they are just conveyor rollers for light weight stuff. and alan the barrel is around 30" tall the tsaw table is at 35" i will take a look at the rig and see if i cant rework like you show..thanks

Makes me wish I had the space for the side feed and out feed.

I've just been putting a piece of 2" foam insulation on top of my workbench and using a track saw to break sheet goods down lately.