The Grizzly Growls

Al Launier

Finally! It's all set up & tuned, ready to go. Need some wood! One project to be worked on this winter will be a Canopy Glider Swing, Plan No. 818, (http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2006803/4373/canopy-glider-swing-plan-no-818.aspx) something I enjoyed as a kid. Does this mean I'm returning to my early childhood??? :D

It's a beautiful piece of equipment! A lot of future enjoyment with this.

Thanks to all for your recommendation, encouragement & help.

Al

Attachments

• Grizzly G0555LX Setup-3.jpg
    Grizzly G0555LX Setup-3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Grizzly G0555LX Setup-2.jpg
    Grizzly G0555LX Setup-2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Grizzly G0555LX Setup-1.jpg
    Grizzly G0555LX Setup-1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 97
So it growls but i dont see any sawdust. :D You pulling a Glenn Bradley on us.;) Enjoy that base looks plenty stable. I am sure you will be way happier with this saw than you would have been with the lowes alternative. :thumb: Looks like you escaped having any damage that must be a relief at least you dont have to go through any claims hassle.

I love my G0555 (in addition to a much bigger saw). But it doesn't look like you have the riser block. I don't know how often you will need the higher sawing height (it is a great saw, but still small on the scale of things). However, the riser block is not something you take in and out. And you need a different set of blades with the block as without. So I suggest that, if you think you will ever want a riser, you get it now so you can build your collection of blades at the longer length.

"Pasquinell da trapper", I love that handle! You're right, I am relieved. Hats off to Grizzly's packaging engineer!

Charlie, I don't expect to need the riser block as my scope of wood working is far less than what you guys do. I'm just a casual hacker that occasionally engages a wood working project, either because of necessity or a whim. You're right though, the time to start inventoring blades for future use is right from the get go to avoid short bladesthat can't be used. I'll think on it some more, but right now...........................?

Thanks John. Enough of you have recommended this source that it leaves no doubt in my mind where I'll be going for replacement blades once I'm in need of them. Thanks for the heads up.

Al