Test

Yes Jeff, but I wanted them in case I was in an area with no wi-fi and needed the info. I have pushing real hard to let the geniuses at the prison let me take the tablet in, so I can use the apps and info stored on it. Everything I want to use, has to be self supporting. Ain't no wi-fi in the joint. X-boxes and flat screens yes, wi-fi no.

Oh I took Drive off my phone, it was eating up my data plan.

Yes Jeff, but I wanted them in case I was in an area with no wi-fi and needed the info. I have pushing real hard to let the geniuses at the prison let me take the tablet in, so I can use the apps and info stored on it. Everything I want to use, has to be self supporting. Ain't no wi-fi in the joint. X-boxes and flat screens yes, wi-fi no.

Oh I took Drive off my phone, it was eating up my data plan.

Did you try just turning off the auto sync for Drive? If you go under Settings>>Accounts & Sync>>your gmail account>>uncheck Google Drive.

To manually sync, you open the Drive app, go to one of your folders and click the sync icon at the top.

I looked all over that app Darren, never thought of the dashboard in Google. Will give it a shot. That would help a bunch. I keep a few things in there that I would like to have access too, when I want.

I found this chrome extension earlier that you may be interested in. It reformats a web page and removes the adds (typically) so that you can read it easier, but has a nice option to send articles to your kindle device or app (which is free for android). You don't have to create an account on the website, but has some extra options if you do. For the kindle app you have to add an email address they provide to the approved emails so that they can forward the articles your kindle devices.

http://www.readability.com

You can also send the articles to your readability account for later reading to find them in one place.

Edit: I also looks like they have an app of their own for Android, iPhone, and iPad, which you can sync the articles to for later reading it appears.

Last edited: