Grizzly Slipit vs. Boeshield???

al tree wax is tuff stuff!!! its used for floors. if you wait to long to buff it off on wood anyway you will have your work cut out for you:) go with the johnsons if you can get it.

For years we just used pledge for all the cast iron surfaces. Never had a problem with finishing. and it left the tops slick as whale snot. I changed to johnson paste wax about 2 or 3 years ago and that's what I use now. Never had anymore problems with surface rust when the tools weren't used for a period of time since the change.

I've never thought of the Boeshield products as supposed to give a slippery surface. I use it for the rust prevention aspect, a thick coating that is left undisturbed for about 3 days. I then use Johnson's paste wax on top to get the slippery surface. Never noticed any issue with staining or finishing wood that ran across it. Jim.

I wouldnt go to the extreme of using a heat gun. just a good rub in and buff off. if you have used other products a good wipe down of the surface with da or lacquer thinner would get off any old residue. I use 0000 steel wool loaded with wax on any errant rust spots that may occur from time to time but other than that I leave a rag right in the can of wax and use that to apply then a clean rag to buff off once it hazes over. Initially you may want to do 2 coats then just apply a coat when boards dont slide through as easily. on planer and jointer beds a coat before each run and sometimes during long runs also helps.