Where in the World is Family Woodworking

Logan when we first got him was way into chewing on cords and things... Fortunately, they both seem to have outgrown those habits..

OK I have been around a little in the past few weeks and finally have some time to post them, so here are a couple pics of my traveling hat, 1st is on the gulf coast in Alabama and second I even brought itto the hospital for fun:) Next month it will travel to the atlantic:thumb:

Way to go Tom. I had almost given up on this ;-))

A brief getaway to a cabin built by an extended family member back in 1952. That's the woodshed behind the trees on the right.

Idyllwild-05-13-(1).jpg

It includes an old cooking stove that I thought was pretty cool.

Idyllwild-05-13-(2).jpg

And of course the obligatory "Where in the World is Family Woodworking" pics . . .

On the fireplace:

Idyllwild-05-13-(3).jpg

At a Bakery/Coffee house owned by some friends (her peach-blueberry turnovers are outta-site):

Idyllwild-05-13-(4).jpg

At the site of the 1926 Speed-of-Light tests between a spot that used to be in the middle of nowhere's-ville in Idyllwild, CA and the Mt. Wilson observatory, north of Pasadena, CA.

Idyllwild-05-13-(5).jpg

A wonderful time was had by all . . . especially the hat that doesn't get out much ;-)

Oh, almost forgot . .. Manzanita everywhere:

Idyllwild-05-13-(23).jpg . Idyllwild-05-13-(24).jpg

Last edited:
My apologies, but sweet honey biscuits. I was out of town all weekend and didn't take a single picture of my FWW hat...

Those are some nice pics Glenn. Pretty cool about the historical SOL tests..

Cool, I have an aunt and uncle who used to run a B&B in Idyllwild. Pretty area up there. :thumb:

I should get me one of them FW hats so I can start getting in on the "Where in the world..." action myself. :D

Had a hat sighting this weekend, and it was no ordinary hat. It was none other than a Burning Wood 2013 hat! Spotted here on Saturday:

Camp Site

And here's the proof:

FW%20Hat%20at%20Stonehenge%20Camp%20800.jpg