Where in the World is Family Woodworking

Sighting, Nov 2, 2013

Through special arrangement with the show "Time Warp" from the Discovery channel I was able to acquire super slow motion camera equipment. While at the WoodWorking Shows in Costa Mesa, Ca I accidentally captured our own Jim Bradley on film.

Known to his Super-Hero friends as "Capt. Flash" he was rumored to be in the vicinity. I was taking a picture of this beautiful wood display and apparently he was passing by. Although moving too fast for the naked eye, the film doesn't lie. May I present . . . Capt Flash!!!

freed (5).JPG

Last edited:
Well, I was attending the Woodworking Shows in my mild-mannered disguise as the mere mortal Jim Bradley. I had the distinct pleasure of running into the winner of last year's "Einstein Think-Alike" contest which is held at Stanford University on odd-leap years.

Let me present Mr. Edward Echointheskull:

freed (9).JPG

I think the "Capt. Flash" moniker is gonna stick. :rofl: Great photos, you two. I'll try to get one myself this afternoon.

Spotted a Family Woodworking hat at O'Niell's Pub in Albuquerque this afternoon. Some low-life longhaired degenerate was wearing it, but I'll give him a pass because at least he has some nice guitars. :D

FW%20Hat%20at%20O'Niell's%20-%201%20-%20800.jpg

FW%20Hat%20at%20O'Niell's%20-%202%20-%20800.jpg

Bobbie and I just returned from a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Legend. We embarked on Sunday, March 20 from Tampa and made stops in Cozumel, Mexico; Belize city, Belize; Isla Roatan, Honduras; and Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. We went ashore only at Cozumel and Mahogany bay, Isla Roatan. We've been to the other locations on previous tours but opted out this time because they are accessible only via tender boats. Among other photos, we had to get some to show how FWW gets around:

Bobbie got this photo of 'the cap' with the ship in the background when we went ashore at Cozumel.

WITW2014a.jpg

Me and 'the cap' at a welcome sign as we left the ship.

WITW2014b.jpg

See if you can guess where 'the cap' and I are in this photo!

WITW2014c.jpg

We took a tour to Carambola Gardens while ashore at Mahogany Bay. I kinda wanted to stay and do a bit of harvesting when the guide pointed out the teak, mahogany and walnut trees, but he was keeping an eye on me!

The cap sure gets around at times!

:)

Glad to see you and Bobbie survived the cruise, Bill. Must be a fun time on board. We have enjoyed a couple of business cruises in our youth, but I bet they have changed some over the years.

well done bill:) glad you and bobby are enjoying life again..

Thanks, Larry. One thing Bobbie and I do together is enjoy life wherever we are. Like most folks, it's easy to get caught up in 'stuff' from family, friends, and neighbors but, at the end of the day, it's just the two of us together regaining our sanity (what little is left of it)!

Glad to see you and Bobbie survived the cruise, Bill. Must be a fun time on board. We have enjoyed a couple of business cruises in our youth, but I bet they have changed some over the years.

Our first cruise was in 2005, so we don't have any reference from before that. There are a lot of activities on board along with shore excursions, if one chooses. Or, one can simply do nothing but enjoy the sound of the wind and water. We end up somewhere in between.

Been a while since this thread had any updates. Here's a pic of me from last night at a happy hour gig. It was hot, I was sweaty, and I was having a bad hair day. Luckily, I had my Burning Wood 2013 cap in the car...

VM%20in%20the%20Burning%20Wood%20Cap.JPG

Somewhere off the coast of Grenada and Windward Islands

Yep, The FWW cap made an appearance!
20141004-DSCN0385.jpg

Sharon and I took an Island Windjammer cruise for 7 days/6 nights. I still feel like the land is rocking back and forth under my feet.

Our boat was the 'Diamant' with room for 12 passengers and 6 crew members. Our trip only had 8 passengers and we got lucky with a very easy going and fun group.

Trip of a lifetime!

20141007-DSCN0785_tonemapped.jpg

Had a wine and cheese party with another boat from the same company, so had kind of got into the whole Island spirit!
20141006-DSCN0660.jpg

Attachments

• 20141002-DSCN0262.jpg
    20141002-DSCN0262.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 25