Shop Security

Maybe, I don't know yet, all I've used it is from last nights testing. Not yet seen a daytime video and if it's any clearer. As with any camera, light is going to be one thing that determines the quality. The uploaded video is degraded quality, I have a setting I saw I need to change on that option to make it upload at 100% quality, I'm hoping it's clearer though.

I'm mostly looking to capture car makes and hopefully the license plate numbers. I'm sure to a professional thief, they aren't going to deter them at all, but may help with someone that's not that experienced. Once I have the email notifications going it will at least give me a heads up that someone has entered the property, whether I ignore it will be my fault. ;)

It's probably just the screen capture that's fuzzy. When you think about it, and as Allen points out, the video monitors you see in convenience stores and other places are amazingly clear and I'd expect the good quality sets you get for home use would be almost as good. I'd be interested in your observations once you've field tested it a bit more Darren.

Meanwhile, just remembered le bête noir needs another $70 bag of puppy chow on the way home:eek:

Last edited:
Security is a definite issue. I'm sorta isolated. Someone tried to steal my generator while we were away for Christmas.
Camers might be OK, especially if one could stream to your smart phone and alert you.
Outfit called X10 has a huge selection of security equipment. They have so much it is hard to wade through the offerings to make a choice.