Plumbing problem(s)

Ned Bulken

Today's honeydo list started out with the bathtub drain not working well. As it turns out we have a 'pop up' plunger drain, which was/is draining slowly. SO I tore into it and EVENTUALLY got the two screws undone.Got the mechanism out, and now I'm searching for a replacement, in case cleaning it up doesn't do the trick.

and oh, by the way (just love that phrase, really)... The kitchen sink supply lines are leaking too honey. Auuugh!

*sigh* just a 'thing'. Couldn't have asked me when I had Time on my hands could you honey? LOL

Hi Ned.
My experience with tub drains has been with hair clogs around the drain plug works. A good cleaning often fixes the problem. While you are at it, you can do some 'fishing' for the clog with a piece of coat hanger with a hook on the end. Otherwise, you might need to snake out the pipe between the tub and the main sewer line, but first I would try a couple good doses of Drain-o. (Be careful, it contains lye.)

Oh yes, I have had success running 3 or 4 inches of HOT water in the tub and then using the 'plumber's friend' to loosen the clog in the pipe.

IM12

well, having removed the stopper, and before I could clean it and reinstall, our youngest's grandmother called. Quick, get the kid in the shower, he has a birthday party to go to! Now I said? NOW! is the reply.... mutter mutter mutter... picking up tools etc...

the tub drained just fine ! Hmmm, going to do the drano thing though. The shower is what gets used the MOST, so for right now it is still functional without the stopper.