Thread: Woodworking Shows Tour 2013

Woodworking Shows Tour 2013

I saw this post on a blog:

Apparently it's a big traveling woodworking show / bazaar. Never heard of it, but there's one not too far from me, so I may go. One can purchase discounted tickets in advance at their website:

I remember when those shows were the only thing going and were actually pretty good, with a lot of good vendors including Lie Nielsen showing their products there. Over the years they really lost their luster and I quit going. They don't bother coming to the west coast anymore. Don't know where you are located David, but I would recommend going if it is a show that Paul Sellers is demonstrating at.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

new york city burbs
    I didnt know anything about these shows.
    somerset is less than an hour from me.
    eh, Im going to the saratoga springs show,
    Human Test Dummy

Floydada, Tx
    No of them are even close to me.

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    Glenn and I went to this a couple years ago. It was a total waste of time---especially since it involved 4 hours on the road. I went, expecting to spend some serious money; I think the total I spent was $29.95. Oh, I forgot, Glenn and I had some coffee and he had a roll or something in addition to the $29.95 plus tax.

Except for the sterling company (Glenn) it was a wasted day. I can understand why they are not on the West Coast any more. Hopefully they do better East of California.

Glenn and I have gone to other shows, purchased power tools, supplies, etc. and had a wonderful time so I don't think it was us.

Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 01-11-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

Thomasville, GA
    I went to several of the shows in the Tampa Bay area some years back. The last one I attended was somewhat lacking and I've heard much the same from other folks in recent years. Saying that, if there were a show near me, I'd still attend it.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Kansas City, Missouri
    I haven't been for a few years, can usually get a few good deals there though.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Amherst, New Hampshire
    I was thinking about going to the one in Springfield, Ma on Saturday. It's about 2-3 hours from me. Reading the responses so far I'll probably pass.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    No of them are even close to me.

From the looks of the map, nothing is close to Floydada.... I grew up in Texas and had to google a map to even see where it was...
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.