Mail god were good to me this week

Well the mail man drove up to the door and started handing me a package that weighed a ton and I fist started yelling at the wife to see what he heck she ordered. Then I took a closer look at the return address and this is what it said

Jay's Package.jpg
Still had no idea what it was but it was heavy. So got busy and got it opened and this is what came out of the box.:bonkers:

100_1887.jpg 100_1888.jpg

The note from Ted said it was Brazilian Koa

Thanks Ted cant what to get some CBG necks made to put it on, its some BEAUTIFUL stuff. :wave::drool::drool::drool::busy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. :thumb: Koa is sweet wood. (I have a koa guitar.)

BTW, I did a little editing of your first photo to hide the addresses. I hope you don't mind. It's generally not a good idea to advertise home addresses on a public forum. ;)

Glad it got there OK Jay. I hope this wood works for finger boards. It made a great floor and I had some left over, so I band sawed the finish off and planed them down. I left 'em a little fat so you could take them down to final thickness. This wood reacts to sun light just like cherry and will darken over time.

Glad it got there OK Jay. I hope this wood works for finger boards. It made a great floor and I had some left over, so I band sawed the finish off and planed them down. I left 'em a little fat so you could take them down to final thickness. This wood reacts to sun light just like cherry and will darken over time.

There going to work GREAT Ted can't wait to us them.