Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday - 1/18/2013 Edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday - 1/18/2013 Edition

Taking my wife to the Dr. this afternoon, but then try to enjoy the start of a long weekend with 50 degree weather. Need to get the xmas lights down tomorrow and back up in the attic. Also want to get drawer and door parts cut out for the master bath. Probably relax some on Sunday and try to watch the playoff games. Monday is a bonus day, so not sure what I'l do then.

What's everyone else got going?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

DSM, IA
    Tonight some pizza and beers at the MIL's. Tomorrow I coach my last YMCA 6-7yr old girls bball game...not sure I can do that again. Then watching the KU v TX bball game and and some good friends are in town so they are coming over for a few cold ones. Sunday we have no plans so I hope to get the rest of the pine limbs that fell in the last snow storm cleaned up if the snow they are embedded in thaws a bit more. Then a little more shop time I hope. My beloved Packers took it on the chin last weekend so not sure I'll watch football this week...I'll wait for the commercials in the big game.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

ABQ NM
    No firm plans at all, and I have a 3-day weekend. (Working for a government contractor does have its perks.) All I know is I'll probably not get a chance to do what I'd like to do.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    Had a 1st interview for a possible new Job this morning... looked good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thomasville, GA
    LOML said I can get out of my cage for a while this evening (Friday). She wants to take me to dinner as a bribe for her to shop afterward!

She has a long weekend, so who knows what might happen?

I'm still limited somewhat in what I can do, but I hope to work on a small project a little - will see how that goes. At least I'm able to sit at my computer a bit more now.

Y'all have fun, whatever you do!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Delton, Michigan
    hope to squirt some finish this wknd and watch whats left of the play off games,, some poor coaching last wknd.. not sure who i am routing for now but its not the pats probally ravens or 49rs
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    The FREEZING COLD 45* weather has slowed my shop productivity the last couple weeks. The predicted moderate 75* weather expected the next few days should let me catch up a bit. Is winter over yet? Come on 80's and 90's.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Oliver Springs, TN
    I'm going outside and enjoying the sunshine! After 7+ days of overcast nasty weather and no sun, I'm going crazy. I don't see how you Pacific Northwesters take it.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Wife and I are going out to dinner tonight. Not sure where yet. Working Saturday from 6am to 3pm. Hope to get shop time in to finish up the cherry hutch my wife has been waiting patiently for. Eating a ton of buffalo wings with my son while watching the Pats beat the Ravens on Sunday

I'll also try and spend some time getting to know sketch up. I feel an uphill battle in my future.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

new york city burbs
    I have a very exciting weekend planned.
    Tomorrow, Im going to drag out cases of old bills from my old business, and tie them up for carting/recycling. should take me a few hours in the cold yard.
    Sunday morning, before football, Im going to continue and pull the tacks out of the floor from the carpet I pulled this week in the attic office.

dont be jealous, I know you guys envy my exciting weekend.
    Human Test Dummy