Its arrived & its all blue

Congrats, Bart!

It's a great tool, and makes great "connections". The corded drill for making the holes, and the battery one for installing the screws makes a great pair. You'll find lots of uses for the kit.

The jig is connected to a small vac plugged into a Sears automatic switch so when I trigger the drill the vac kicks in & sucks the chips away.

The Sears switch is hooked into a plug strip so I can have my ROS & the Kreg Jig & what ever plugged in & just switch the hose to what ever I am using at the time.

I have another plug strip that is not hooked into the switch for other tools.

The jig is connected to a small vac plugged into a Sears automatic switch so when I trigger the drill the vac kicks in & sucks the chips away.

The Sears switch is hooked into a plug strip so I can have my ROS & the Kreg Jig & what ever plugged in & just switch the hose to what ever I am using at the time.

I have another plug strip that is not hooked into the switch for other tools.

I was wondering what I was going to do to solve that problem. Thanks for the answer! I have the switch but am tired of pluging and unpluging different tools.

Congratulations on your new tool system!!!!

I just got the complete Kreg setup at the Tampa Woodworking Show. I had used the PSI two hole jig and liked the process so was looking to buy the Kreg anyway. One thing that I got that I really like is the bench holddown. I put it in my bench this morning and have already used it some. It is easier to use than the face clamp although that works as well. That board that I have clamped will not move. I put it dead center in my bench as suggested and that seems a good spot for it. I also got one for my assembly table. I think that I will get two more plates and install them in one of the corners of the bench and table. I am starting to see that they will be of great help for things other than the pocket hole process.

They were giving away their "Trim Carpentry" DVD when you bought the set. I am about half way through it and it is very good if you are considering it. It shows a lot of things that you can do with the pocket hole system.

dscf0038.jpg

Last edited:
Allen????????

How big is your bench?

I am thinking of making a portable jig top that will clamp into my work mate with the bench hold down in the middle & then support the ends of a long project with support stands or the bench. With the portable jig top I could get to all sides of the project when it is clamped down.

"They were giving away their "Trim Carpentry" DVD when you bought the set."

Who are they? I got mine from Tyler Tool.

Last edited:
Bart,

The bench that I have this one in is pretty small, it is 25" x 55". The assembly table that I am planning on using in addition to the bench is 3' x 6' which should be a better setup, at least I think so. Your plan sounds like that it might be an excellent setup also, maybe even better than mine since you can move your workmate easily.

They is the Kreg Company itself. They were running their own booth at the show. The DVD and a small paperback type publication called "Basic Cabinetmaking" by Mark Duginske were incentives to buy at the show. The prices were discounted somewhat also. Now the real expense begins, screws and plugs. I already had a good supply that I was using with the PSI jig so at least I was not hit with that expense right away.