Ok roll up its dogshow time show me your shop dog. Update us on a latest pic

Rob Keeble

Ok so i dont have a dog. Dont mean i would not like one, i would and i like dogs very much.

So given many of you have showed your dog off Stephen just gave me an idea for a new thread that should be some fun.

Take an updated pic of mans best friend and post it in this thread.

Brent i am curious to see how Buckey and Logan are looking. Especially Logan given he was a stray that came to you.

So how about it a Family WOODworking Dogshow. No prizes just oohs and ahhs and atta boys. ;)

Did I forget to post their christmas card pic from this year? If you look close you'll see the third animal member of the family in this pic as well.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow...

20121201-IMG_8020-2.jpg

I've had German Shepherds all my life (all rescue), and having two keeps them happy. We lost one recently to perianal fistula (rare but not to a very small number of GSD's). We went to the animal control this past weekend and LOML fell in love with "Max"..a black Lab...5 months old...
max1.jpg
Our GSD...about 4 years old...80 lbs...Heidi...
puppy 1.jpg
And they get along great. Here they are together...
max and heidi.jpg

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Our two youngest enjoy sniffing around the shop when I go out to get a tool or something where I'm not running power tools. I don't trust them, don't want to divide my attention, if I'm working out there. Here are the two youngest, as pups last April or May:DSCN3097 Jet and Ryder.jpg Jett on the left, and Ryder on the right. And more recently: dscn3225 Jett and Ryder.jpg It's a shame they don't get along better!! and yes, Ryder is asleep. They will actually lay next to each other with their heads on the other dog and go to sleep. We have one older Irish girl, but she literally hates to have her picture taken. And if I pick up any tool, she runs the other direction. This was taken May '11 at the Irish Setter National Specialty Show in OKC.Tainey ISCA 5-11B.jpg Jim.

What a fun thread!

If you're on my friends list on FB, you already know all about our dog Smokey. He's 1/2 German Shorthair Pointer and 1/2 English Setter. We call him our "Pointsetter". :)
He just turned six on December 26th, but he thinks and acts like he's still six months old!

This is one of my favorite photos of him:
Smokeystare.jpg

One of his favorite pastimes, playing "empty the wood rack"
play time.jpg

Here he is doing his Underdog impersonation. :D
jump1.JPG

Here's his "Scary dog" pose:
scary dog.jpg

Here's his "Popcorn?" face:
popcorn face.jpg

And the thing he does most of, NAP TIME:
crashed out.jpg

My Lucy's dog!

Ok, here's my real boy. Actually, he's more my wife's dog than mine.
View attachment 73398

He only comes down to the basement shop to get a treat or to see who the stranger is.
View attachment 73397

In case you don't recognize his breed, he is a Kerry Blue Terrier, recognized by some as the National Dog of Ireland. I rescued him approx. 5 years ago through the Kerry Blue Terrier Foundation. He was 13 weeks and 16 lbs. at the time. He weighed 64 lbs. at his last weighin.

Dumb as a bag of rocks when he wants to be!

Last edited:
Well our Baley is in my avatar but he is a year older and none of his legs work very well but he still wants to go out and walk with us every day. Since the wife had her stroke we are walking the drive by our house and it is about 200 yards long and he usually makes it about 40 yards to our lap. We do 5 to 7 round trips as the wife is doing great at most things but if we were out doing our more normal walks he couldn't come along. When I went out to use the leaf blower on the skiff of snow we had this morning he stayed out and watched me the whole time. One thing about having dogs as you age it really hits home what we are facing and one can only hope to face it with the excitement an old dog still has for the little things in life...

He will be 14 in July or so not sure as he was left on road in a box his mother was tied to. She was hit an killed, young high school girl picked the pups up and bottle raised them we got him when she couldn't keep them any more...

Last edited: