Back from the nearly deceased...

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
The flu has really kicked my tail the last couple of weeks. I know I missed a bunch and it will take some time to fit back in. Also had total WiFi failure, a problem that still needs my attention. Am at the local library now.

So Happy Birthday to all the birthday babies I missed. Congrats to all the life achievements accomplished in the last couple of weeks. Great job to the many completed projects.

Missed you all. You are family. Carry on.

Yeah I was starting to wonder where you were .. With just the guys on here it could get out of control without a tempering voice of reason :D

Glad to hear your feeling better and welcome back :wave:

Welcome back Carol you definitely were missed by me i was wondering what had happened to you. Glad you over the flu. As to the flu shot ......i dunno. Only time my Linda ever had flu was after getting a flu shot. :rofl:

Myrna and I always get the flu shots and we get them early. Neither of us has had the flu for something like 30 years.

We are believers.

Of course we wash our hands frequently and all that other healthy stuff.

Enjoy,

JimB

I sure hope Murphy does not read this!!!!!!!!!!

Raise that 30 to be 50. When I stopped and thought where we lived when we got flu shots I had to up the number of years.

Now I REALLY hope Murphy does not read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Glad to see you back and sorry about the flu... they say it's a bad one this year, and early too.... so far (knock on green wood) I've missed it and the wife insisted we get flu shots this year... first time in over 10 years I've taken one.... I'm fighting my annual Christmas cold this year, just a month late in coming... head is blocked, throbbing, nose is running, sneezing my head off - doesn't help when it hurts already... oh well, I'll treat it and get rid of it in 7 days or just leave it alone and it'll go away in a week.

Get plenty of rest and take it easy for a few more days.

I hope you covered your mouth while you were typing girl....we don't want to get it from you!!! ;) Sorry you've been under the weather. Glad you're getting back up to speed. And be careful at the Library, you don't want a relapse from one of the other patrons!! Jim.

That flu thing is a real bugger.
We should be on the road right now headed to the funeral of a very dear friend. My wife was as close to her as anyone and would never miss the service for anything.....except the bug that hit her last night. :(
I know wifey is going to feel despondant for a long time knowing she was not able to pay last respects in person.
Carol, glad you are feeling better. It's a tough thing to suffer through.