Can anyone tell us what this is used for and why it costs $795???

Mark, That is real valuable information for someone who is evidently looking for butt hinges. I don't think that I could have slept tonight without knowing about this publication. I know that we are supposed to keep politics out of this but it looks like a government thing to me. Allen

The Butt hinge book was a good read, but his earlier works are much better..............

The 2007-2012 World Outlook for RFID Tags

The 2007-2012 World Outlook for Paper Mill Dryers for Paper Pulp, Paper, or Paperboard

If you still want to get some of the author but cannot afford the price tag of his prime work, then try some of these..........

The 2007 Import and Export Market for Sheep or Lamb Skin Leather in Turkey

A bargain at only $98 :thumb::thumb:

Seriously, this is funny, but I guess to the right person in business, they would need that info, and would pay for it!

Cheers!

I've seen similar Amazon offerings, and like Stu said, there must be someone out there who pays for this info, or else they wouldn't spend the money publishing it.

Still, it's one of those things that make you go "hmmm". ;)

What I think we have is a scam artist who is publishing generally available public information (census and trade info)..looking at the authors works makes me think this... a cut and paste from gov. publicatiosn, a laser jet printer, and a few suckers is all that is required...
I might be wrong...but looks and feels like that to me.

There is a large group of folks that compile information on market trends and publish the data for businesses. This one is just a pile of crap. There are a number of companies including AT&T, Exxon, the Federal Government, that pay for this data from third party sources so that they can claim that it was authored by a "expert". They pay HUGE dollars for these studies and pass the cost on to the consumers or the shareholders. PURE BUNK!!!!

What I think we have is a scam artist who is publishing generally available public information (census and trade info)..looking at the authors works makes me think this... a cut and paste from gov. publicatiosn, a laser jet printer, and a few suckers is all that is required...
I might be wrong...but looks and feels like that to me.

Well, if I can't sell my novels, maybe this is a way to get something published, make money and call myself a 'published author'. :rofl:
Oh, well.