I'm still working on that batch or urns, but it's not just building them that is taking my time. As I approach each step I ask myself, "Self (that's what I call myself), if you had to build fifty of these one day, what jig, accessory, procedure, would you use to make the process faster and more consistent?" Well, I stalled last week faced with drilling a lot more holes. I reflected on the previous weeks drilling and punching of square holes, and decided that a few makeshift stops and clamps were not the best choice on the drill press.
I've always liked the price on the Woodpecker table. It seemed to offer a lot more than some others for about the same price. In addition, if you purchased all the accessories separately, it's hard to build it for much less. So, off to Woodcraft to spend some money!
The table, as manufactured, will not fit my drill press, you need an adapter plate (3/4" plywood). Remembering some more elaborate tables I've seen here, I decided I could always used more drawer space. This is the result of about 8 hours work - yes, I'm a bit slow. Nice thing about it is that it is made entirely of scrap bits I had lying around. Total cost (excluding the table) $2.30 for some tapered hex head bolts.
(I HAD to make this shop project look better than the last one so's not to be stung by Vaughn's review again. )