Email troubles-Gmail..

larry merlau

i have a gmail account and i made a new folder to help organize the mail i get from it, but i put some mail in it and it shows they are there but i cant access them? on the shop puter which is running windows xp and is where i made the changes to the account.. now on a laptop n the house i can access them??? what setting do i have wrong in gmail that is keeping me from them on the shop puter?

I don't know Larry. It's a little hard to understand whats going on.

I don't really use gmail all that much, but I'm not sure it has folders, it has labels you can use to organize your email.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=118708

So you created a new label on your shop computer, organized some email. Then you could not find them using your shop computer, but you could see them on another computer in the house?

Is it still happening or was it a short term thing?

If you click on inbox, then look down below that a little bit you should be able to see something that says 'More Labels'. If you click that, do you now see the new category you created?

If all else fails, reboot, take a malt beverages, and try again.

brent your on trck, i can see what i need to in a house puter but not in the shop it was anew label that i put them in.. and when i go to compose mail it locks up.. i have restarted twice will try again in the am.. thanks

Have you tried clearing your cache on the shop computer and logged out/in again? The other possibility is that you're working "off-line" in gmail on the shop computer. I think it is an option to install. I used it on one computer a while back and found similar issues to what you're explaining. I think there is an option up by your login info (maybe under settings, the little gear) for switching between working online vs. offline.

well its still not right??? i went and cleared the cache and i also ran malware, then restarted, i have two emails from gmail, and one works just fine but this other one is troublesome,, if i want to compose a letter i get a message box in the lower right hand corner like you would have on facebook or similiar, then when you write in it that goes to the draft area which i cant open, i cant open sent mail either it just does nothing. the one label i made is there but doesnt show anything in it on the shop puter,, if i were to go remake a new email threw google its gonna tell me that this one is taken so i need to fix this one???:(

well back to darren it wont open far enough to look now,, but after using brents idea and going with explore and it asking for chrome i got it to work and appears to be right.. so now on firefox i must have something wrong somewhere? under the button for settings darren it doesnt offer offline as a choice.. will try it on firefox again and see what happens..

firefox is at 18.0.2 and now i cant get either one to work in firefox,, will go back to explorer and see if it still works

Last edited:
it appears to be a firefox and gmail issue,, it works fine threw chrome, and also with explorer and chrome combined.. doesnt make sence to me maybe it does you gurus????

well back to darren it wont open far enough to look now,, but after using brents idea and going with explore and it asking for chrome i got it to work and appears to be right.. so now on firefox i must have something wrong somewhere? under the button for settings darren it doesnt offer offline as a choice.. will try it on firefox again and see what happens..

firefox is at 18.0.2 and now i cant get either one to work in firefox,, will go back to explorer and see if it still works

So is Firefox not opening to anything? Sounds like you may have a bug. If you can get to the Add-ons, check to see if there are any gmail related ones, also check to see if there are ones you don't recognize or disable all of them to see if it helps (make note of the ones you disable if you want to re-enable them).

darren the add on.s fixed it and also the pop ups from tidey network, so thanks for continuing to suggest things .. we got it finally.. if it had been a mac i wouldnt have had so much trouble:)

I hate those browser jacking add ons! Some are safe, and others are just annoying as all get out. Glad you are back in business Larry.