Thread: This is definitely for techies in the Fwwfamily. :) Time eater links !!!!

This is definitely for techies in the Fwwfamily. :) Time eater links !!!!

Some time back i was up in arms over the fact that i could not stream a presentation from a tablet to an HDMI screen well i will confess had i paused in fact stopped to think about it with my proper techie brain i might have realized why. there aint no gadgets around yet to do this at least not ones that are in the price or size category i have in mind. I aint even going to attempt to try and explain the issues. But at least i will stop cussing at the different pc talet et al manufacturers for not doing the what seemed easy obvious logical thing.

But for those that are interested to know what i found i thought i would share it here.

A company in the UK has just released a setup , naturally targeted at the military and likes for surveillance and even combat roles.

http://www.adaptiverf.com/COFDM-Portable-Unit.php

But things will not remain static if this little gadget is anything to go by

http://store.diydrones.com/5_8Ghz_50...p/wi-ts352.htm

And just to round things off from this wild goose chase well if you have a need to stretch your wifi network but dont have the cash to do so with purchased antennae here is a link to a homemade one made from Pringles potato chip can. You have been warned before you click on this link its gonna suck you down a vortex that consumes time.

http://www.oreillynet.com/etel/blog/...p_er_chip.html

Ok now where was i .........oy vey!!
    cheers

Just hold out for affordable WHDMI. . . soon, oh so soon.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

No help on the wireless HDMI, but a friend showed me his Android micro PC last night...it's similar to these:

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/7...unch-20120517/

He got it somewhere (eBay, I suspect) for about $20 (including the HDMI cable). He's got it set up to play hi-def movies on hotel TVs when he travels.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Oh Noooooooooooooo!!!!

All this after a part of a day messing with windows 8 for the first time I sincerely hope to never mess with it again!!!!!!

Of course it's just my opinion but I wish Micro-....splat wouldn't change things drastically or would get the all bugs out before they put a product on the market.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Re: This is definitely for techies in the Fwwfamily. :) Time eater links !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Just hold out for affordable WHDMI. . . soon, oh so soon.
    Gee thanks Glenn dont know how i did not find that in any of my searches. Did not know of it coming out. So much for search engines. Thanks for the heads up. I see Hp already have a kit out , bestbuy show a couple of no name at least to me brands that seem to be iffy.
    Now at least i know what to search for. :thumbup:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    cheers