Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Office rant! No wonder they're in trouble.

Angry Post Office rant! No wonder they're in trouble.

I'm sick of the Post Office!

No wonder they're in trouble. I think I'm going to have to start using UPS, DHL, FedEx, etc. for important documents. I went to the post office on Friday February 01 at about 11:00 a.m. and mailed the packet. According to the instructions, it had to be in their hands by February 06 in order for me to get the rate that they had locked. It looks like rates are going up now. I just checked my email and got a note from the Wells Fargo rep and as of this afternoon, she still hasn't received the documents! WHAT THE HECK? I live about 20 miles north of Detroit and they were being mailed to Minneapolis. It was sent first class. As of the time she sent the email, it had been SIX FULL DAYS and they still weren't there! The stupid Post Office is USELESS!!! I'm sorry, but that's UNACCEPTABLE. I have a feeling that their ineptness is going to cost me BIG.

I pay most of my bills online, but there are only about two checks I write every month. One of them is mailed to Texas and I've had the check CLEAR THE BANK two days after I wrote it.

I'm about done with the Post Office!
    Last edited by John Pollman; 02-08-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

In house mail time can be consuming and easy to deny. Once received ask for a scan of the postmark. If it was marked the day you dropped it off or the next, they had it a few days later, as in 2 to 4 days, not seven. I do find it amusing though that I can mail letters to New York, NY and to Antioch, CA (four hundred miles away) and have the New York letter beat the in-state letter by a full day. As for Post Office business savvy; no one runs a business model that is based on losing billions a year and stays afloat.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

When we moved out of California in 2010, I was still waiting for my vote-by-mail ballot for the 2008 election. Riverside county records showed both my wife's and mine were mailed at the same time. Her's came. Mine????
    Norm

I have a mind like a steel trap....
    ....rusty and illegal in 29 states.

All I can do is agree with everything you said, and offers sympathies. It really sucks(USPS, that is).

hey folks maybe you should follow them in there shoes for a day or two, or maybe we could go back tot he pony express? i have sorted mail and seen what they mail carriers on foot or vehicles have to endure.. its not a gravy job as some may think.. government managing the business may not help. last fall i watched as a time study guy followed a on foot mail carrier deliver mail, he was making notes one every little thing the guy did, when dropped off our mail i asked the guy why he had do a time study he can only walk so fast and that its nice to say hello or have a quick conversation with the carrier, if they get the mail done each day that should be sufficient.. the mail carrier about chocked and thanked me later and the time study guy couldnt leave fast enough.. they deliver our mail in all weather, would you want to do that?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by John Pollman View Post
    I'm sick of the Post Office!...got a note from the Wells Fargo rep and as of this afternoon, she still hasn't received the documents! ...SIX FULL DAYS and they still weren't there!...
    I'd bet even money that the letter is sitting somewhere in the mailroom/sorting area - AT WELLS FARGO! In large corporate offices, stuff can often sit for days waiting for the (usually newest hire) mail sorter to get things sorted and delivered. Of course, the Post Office always gets the blame, though.

Having dealt with WF, some years back, on a re-fi, I know they can be awfully slow. I suspect the problem is actually theirs, not yours, but you'll never get them to admit it.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    I'd bet even money that the letter is sitting somewhere in the mailroom/sorting area - AT WELLS FARGO! In large corporate offices, stuff can often sit for days waiting for the (usually newest hire) mail sorter to get things sorted and delivered. Of course, the Post Office always gets the blame, though.

Having dealt with WF, some years back, on a re-fi, I know they can be awfully slow. I suspect the problem is actually theirs, not yours, but you'll never get them to admit it.
    Ding, ding ding!! We have a winner!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I'd agree with Larry, those guys do work their rears off. If they'd make the bulk mail a lot more expensive, they'd probably cut out a lot of work with all the flyers and junk mail I have to throw away. I maybe get one or two actually letters a week that are expected, the rest 5 or 6 pieces (daily) get tossed as I walk past the trash without even opening them many times.

So would they not accept faxed or scanned copies of the packet John? Most will anymore but sometimes have to bug them to do so.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

No, she actually asked me if I could fax or scan and email the packet. The problem is that there are a LOT of pages and it would have been a real task to scan and email all of them. Being that I had six days until the deadline, I figured that there was plenty of time. (Six days IS plenty of time to mail something from Detroit to Minneapolis) I called the rep a couple hours ago and left a voice mail and haven't heard back yet.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Ditto what Larry said. I've known a couple of letter carriers, and their job is anything but easy.

I wonder how much money the Post Office would save by eliminating the time study guys. One carrier I knew told stories of having his footsteps timed, then being told he needed to step faster. He was also told he was taking too many steps from one house to the next, so he was ordered to walk across peoples' lawns. He also got in trouble for actually talking to his customers or giving treats to various dogs along his route.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com