KettleBells

Stuart Ablett

OK I guess this is where this project should go.
I'm working on improving my lifestyle, I'm eating better, and I try to walk 5Km each day. I decided to add some weight lifting to my routine, but I don't want to add a bench etc. I want to do something dynamic, and I have a number of friend who have gotten into the whole Core Fitness movement. Kettlebells looked good, but they are spendy and not common uhere in Tokyo. I do have the flat plates from some dumb bells, so I wanted to use them, this is what I came up with......

image-4253786276.jpg
Each as it sits weighs about 16 lbs

image-1885676485.jpg
The bottom piece unscrews and you can add or remove plates.

image-1324606311.jpg

http://youtu.be/pR9KNdpen1g
A short video showing how the kettlebells are used. I'm just doing the basic two handed swing right now and I have to say it is one heck of a work out!

It sure is nice to have the tools to be able to just make stuff!

Cheers!

Build your own how your mind works. They look great and what a great idea. Have yet to see anything like this before. I've seen the standard bells but not like this where you can add or take away weight. Novel concept. Now questions, how is the handle made? Attached? What type of wood?

Quote "It sure is nice to have the tools to be able to just make stuff!"

I sure agree with you on this one.

Those are nice work what did you use for the handle i can see its metal wrapped i presume in the good ole hockey tape but did you bend rod and pull some tubing over it. Nice job anyhow. :thumb:

Thanks everyone!

The handles are 3/4" PVC, I filled them with sand, capped the ends with duct tape, then heated them up with the heat gun, took a few minutes, and then bent them into shape. Worked well!