It's Friday - 2/8/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well, almost through another week. Planning to do some shop time tonight to get some drawers, sanded and sealed. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm planning on getting the floor prepped and tile going down in the master bath. Hoping I can get most of it done tomorrow so I can be grouted by the end of the weekend.

What's everyone else got going?

This will be my first shop weekend since surgery, I have a bathroom vanity box to assemble, make the face frames, drawers, doors, we will see how far I get:)

This afternoon I'll finish a small utility stand to go under our carport to hold up a box in which we keep birdseed. Possibly some SketchUp time to complete the layout of a table I'm building to use by my grill and smoker.

Saturday, I'm planning to start on the grill table. LOML and I will do a little shopping downtown.

Sunday is our wedding anniversary, so..... ;)

Getting ready to have a tooth pulled on Monday morning in Algondez. Plan to look at a trailer along the way to become my new shop trailer. Soon the weather will be tolerable to begin working on this project.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Arnold! :thumb:

Tonight will be quiet at home. Tomorrow taking the kid and friend to see Sue the T-Rex at the local science center. Then a few friends are coming over with kids to watch some bball and have some food and drinks. Sunday I hope to spend in the shop, probably cleaning and making room for an upcoming project.

Nothing firm on the calendar yet this weekend other than housework and laundry. Last time I had an empty weekend like this, I ended up some unexpected stuff that was a lot of fun. Here's hoping for a repeat. ;)

Started my day with this :
FWW-8736.jpgFWW-8739.jpg

Then the Fedex guy stopped by (First one on the fresh gravel) and dropped off these
FWW-8740.jpg

Been doing a little shop org this week, and I have a couple of little shop org projects left to do, and if I have any time left over, will work on the doors and trim for the entertainment center.

Wow! Brent got a dump truck! What a stud! :D

You're gonna love that drill press table. I made one similar to it (used Woodpeckers hardware) and it has served me very well. :thumb:

Not sure. I'm supposed to work Saturday but I think that the snow may keep me home (looking for any excuse).

Spare time will be spent in the shop I hope.

Congrats on the Anniversary Mr & Mrs Bill :thumb:

This evening I replaced the front spindles and bearings on my John Deere riding mower. Once that was completed the replacement bearings for the blade spindles in the deck came in the mail so I disassembled them and replaced the bearings and sharpened the blades.

Tomorrow it's back on the cabinet for my daughter as I have more re-sawing and veneer glue ups to do. While I'm waiting on panels in the vacuum press I'm gonna go over the plans for the domino I'm about to make and go thru my hardware stash and see what I need to get for it.

Well i am just about snowbound. We got plastered good and solid in my Area. Chuck, Bob and the other Nor Easters you guys are gonna get your turn. I was complaining about having bought a snowblower well boy today i was thankful i did. We still have it coming down cleared the driveway twice already of about 6 or more inches each time. We already got another 2 or 3 stacked up for the morning.
Will be spending time doing work work this weekend. Loads of work to do.

Keep warm and safe those in the winter snow.

Oh and Bill Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. I must have missed the thread but how are your eyes making out since the op. ?

Tom sorry i did not even realise you had surgery. Hope it all went well. Good to hear you in shape to hit the shop.

Looks like you're making the grade

badum2.png

Happy Anniversary Bill & Mrs Bill!

Taking a break from other projects and working on a weird spoon or two.

Probably move the Belgium Blonde Ale and maybe try blending it with the Apricot Lambic to see how/if that works.

Housebound with the on-call leash so hoping to make the best of it.

Ah! Finally laying down base for the shops slab huh? :D

I wish! Just getting ready for the 'big thaw' when the driveway turns to mush and all the gravel sinks down under and disappears...

By the time I get my current shop 'organized', I might start thinking about another building...

Probably move the Belgium Blonde Ale and maybe try blending it with the Apricot Lambic to see how/if that works.

Ahhh, another hobby I need to get back to.... Thanks for the reminder.:thumb:

Worked up the parts list, again, for the antenna build. Got a hair cut. Prepped some parts for the antenna. Too cool to put a coat of Waterlox on the table leaf I'm making for Mom and Dad. Went to a job interview. Came home with a new job. :thumb: Made the wife happy with the job information. Oh, most of you don't know, I've been out of work since the end of Oct. It was a break I desperately needed. But all good things must end. :rofl: I think I'm going to like that retirement gig, if I ever get there. :rolleyes: I'm even going to go into work tomorrow. Won't really do anything, but talk with the Service Manager and get the lay of the land and refresh myself on the computer software. The best news is they are going to allow me to take some time off in April to hit the east coast for our Irish Setter Club of America National Specialty. When we get closer and get the schedule, I may see who is available close to where we will be, Frying Pan Park, Fairfax Virginia, to take a quick shop tour. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Jim.

There are cures for that. It's all in what you put below the gravel to keep it from sinking into the mush. We should talk.

Skip the gravel, 3/4" minus crush about 6" worth is the way to go :thumb: :D If its real bad dig it out and put down a layer of "road base" first (basically a coarser crush).

I'm surprised you have problems there, its pretty dry country and I don't think??? there is a lot of clay in that area??

I don't know why anyone bothers with pea gravel, in WA state crush wasn't a valid "driveway topping" you had to put one of a (list) of other things on it. One of which was pea gravel, I have a real dislike for pea gravel, yeah it looks great ... for about a week. Bureaucrats, I don't understand them.