Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)

For Sale

I want $400 for the Dust Collecter it has been used to fill one bag one time. I've ordered a Cyclone to replace it. It works great I am just getting rid of all my Grizzly tools.
    I want $150 for the drill press. I've drilled three holes with it to test it. I replaced it with the Steel City Drill Press.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G7946

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0548

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 03-28-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Gee that drill-press sure looks familiar.
    You say you only drilled 3 holes is there something wrong with it? I have the G1029 with the same filter on top. I would buy a cyclone but don't have the room for it. both machines have been solid performers for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drill press 017.jpg   A1 myshop DC.jpg  
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 03-28-2007 at 12:37 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Gee that drill-press sure looks familiar.
    You say you only drilled 3 holes is there something wrong with it? I have the G1029 with the same filter on top. I would buy a cyclone but don't have the room for it. both machines have been solid performers for me.
    Hi Bart,
    No, there's not a thing wrong with either. I bought them before I built the shop and there wasn't enough room in the tiny garage to use them. Every time I would dig a path to set up out there a friend would fill it with junk.
    I have since made everyone take their junk home and quit being a storage facility.
    I have replaced all of my green machines. These are the only two to go.

DT

Sound like you are up grading or just disenchanted with Grizzly.

How big is your shop?
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Sound like you are up grading or just disenchanted with Grizzly.

How big is your shop?
    My shop is 24X24X12 Bart, Yes I am upgrading everything and no I don't want the Grizzly name seen in my shop. That's about all I will say on that one.

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 03-28-2007 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Taylor View Post
    and no I don't want the Grizzly name seen in my shop.

DT
    i`m with ya` don!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

I've found items from several tool makers that were not good & I used to tar the whole company with the same brush & call them all bad. Funny how age either mellows you of case hardens you. You know I found that after a while I was having a hard time finding a tool vendor that I hadn't tarred with that brush for some reason or another.

I think the major difference for me when it comes to Grizzly is that I can drive to the Bellingham store in 45 minutes - to an hour & deal face to face with them. I've never had a bad experience with them. On the other hand when trying to get parts for my 1940 Unisaw I ended up getting Grizzly parts because I could walk in & look at the part I wanted to buy & if it was the same I bought it while the one from Delta had to be sent back. Part of the problem in this case was the fact that Delta hadn't according to my understanding established model numbers for the Unisaw at the time my saw was made the only number on my saw is 11-1170.

I guess you win some & you lose some & it doesn't mean that Steel City or Mini Max or another manufacture won't leave a bad taste in you mouth sometime in the future. I haven't seen any of them that haven't either changed for the good or for the bad at one time or another.

Just my 2 cents.

I see this talk about "I don't like the Green either" I am not asking for tool company bashing but some reasons would be nice. I know there are other venders out there that make great tools & have good service but this is kinda like hate mail with all the proper blanks left empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dunlap View Post
    I'm with you on this one Don. I don't like the Green either. I'm also a big believer in Steel City. I'm currently in the design phase for 2 clients. If I get the jobs and complete them, then I'll finally have the money for a SC Drill press and Jointer.
    I don't know about the jointer Matt but you will Love that drill press.

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 03-29-2007 at 03:54 AM.

I see this talk about "I don't like the Green either" I am not asking for tool company bashing but some reasons would be nice. I know there are other venders out there that make great tools & have good service but this is kinda like hate mail with all the proper blanks left empty.
    Bart,
    I didn't intend to start a war and others are following my lead I suppose. Somewhere in the rules it says no bashing. Grizzly is fully aware why I won't deal with them.

DT