Holy Moly what snow & wind!!!

Al Launier

Let me say right off that we don't have it as bad as some other locations in the Northeast. In CT there is 38" of new snow in places & there was wind gusts up to 78mph. This was really a monster storm.

At home in Bedford, NH we currently have over 2' of snow with 25-30 mph winds, gusting higher at times, with snow drifts up to 4' in places and more coming down. We were lucky because the snow was relatively light and had no power outage. Last night the wind gusted to 52 mph at times.

Clear skies are forecast for 1 pm here this afternoon with winds continuing at 20-22 mph. That'll be the time to get out the snow blower & re-locate the white stuff!

For those of you that are also experiencing this winter storm, stay safe & stay warm!

Bob, how did you make out with the storm???

Last edited:
Id guess we got hit with 10-12 inches, but the drifts are murder. spent 2 hours this morning, me on the snowthrower, my wife manned with a shovel and scraper, we had enough.
Let mother nature melt the rest.

Woke up to snow drifted against the doors so high that I couldn't open them. Finally got the back door opened up enough to let the dog out. With the wind and snow he set a record for doing his business and getting back inside. He looked at me like I was crazy expecting him to go outside in that :rofl:

Snow was drifted over my head on the garage doors. I expect that we got somewhere between 24 and 30 ". We sit up pretty high so we tend to get a bit more snow than the folks lower in the valley. There is also a pond behind the house so the wind whips across it and into my yard.
Didn't lose power, which was a miracle.

I'll probably get into work around noon. I was informed last night that Lowes was a designated disaster sore and was required to remain open.

On a more important note, the DOT issued a warning this morning that motorists may encounter snow covered streets :crazy: :rolleyes:

If my wife didnt have to wait a few more years for her full pension, I think wed be wintering in florida. my brother and 2 sisters live within 30 minutes of each other, so I would be pretty happy down there. My wife is more than willing to retire early. I hate the snow. been looking at it for 58 years.

I'm on top of a hill as well & the winds were gusting all day & all night up to 52 mph according to local weather forecasts. It was tough snow blowing as the swirling gusts blew the snow right back at you & where it had just been cleaned up. Had to re-do the driveway & walkways several times. Took 5 hours the first time around. So glad it was light snow, otherwise there would have been significant power outages. Although I'm fortunate to have a couple of generators (backup or as a loaner), and could get through a storm, it's really tough for those that don't.

Funny thing a friend form Rochester NY posted else where. Funny how Boston gets 24" of snow and they shut down the city and call it a blizzard. Up here we get 24" of snow and call it Monday.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm siding with her except calling it Saturday:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Funny thing a friend form Rochester NY posted else where. Funny how Boston gets 24" of snow and they shut down the city and call it a blizzard. Up here we get 24" of snow and call it Monday.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm siding with her except calling it Saturday:thumb::thumb::thumb:

You're right! But you have a better place for it! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: