Foggy on this jointer problem for some reason

I haven't touched my shop for about 2 months, At least not wood working tools, because I broke my elbow and was only doing what was necessary.

A friend needed some wood for shelves in a safe he is restoring so i offered to help out.

I am facing some boards. done it a hundred times. for some reason there is a terrible amount of vibration when I am cutting. My out feed table is et like it usually is. Just a hair lower than the top arc of the blades. The blades are all the same height. both tables are co planner as well as I can tell with a 5 foot straight edge. If they are out of plane it would only be by a very small margin.

the jointer is cutting the board and the cuts not terrible. not perfect but pretty good.

why is the wood vibrating like its on the surface of jitterbug?

now I am a little confused. I thought I have read in a few places that the out feed table should be like 3 or 4 thousands lower than the blades.

I'm pretty sure it used to work fine the way I had it set up. I'll try it your way and see what happens

dullsville. population me. you know. they felt fine, until I compared them with a sharp set. I'm half way through with changing them. I'll finish after dinner and see if that did the trick

Yes. that was my problem. the last blades I bought must have been some pretty soft steel because they did not do much work before they dulled.

at least the problem is solved.

Last edited: