Trying to avoid pens for a while, found a chunk of boring maple, figured if I killed it the loss would be minimal. Sure enough, when I got into it...boring! Always a fan of dye and a very rookie wanna be pyro, this was a good opportunity! Usual routine, black sanded back, orange, yellow and red all sanded out and a final wipe with red, little bead with burn lines to add definition, the dots...lots of dots. While I didn't set off the smoke alarm, it's was a lot of burning! 3 coats of AO to try and fine some grain and WOP to finish. About 10x3.
Not sure what the wood is, but this is a little egg (approximately) shape box...seemed like a fun idea at the time. 4x2, finished with satin WOP.
Thanks for looking, C&C always used on the next one!