A "heart" felt reminder

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
For those husbands and boyfriends that might have been too busy in the shop (or shoveling snow) to notice, the day after tomorrow is February 14th.

If you're scratching your head right now, let me put it more plainly...

IT"S VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! :bounce:

You just might want to go out and get a card....or something.

I'm prepared to put down the tools and watch a movie...believe me, that is a big thing, been 6 months since my last movie. We actually both took Friday off to spend the day doing things she wants to do.

Mailed the cards and gift last week. She got them Monday...same day I got the cards she sent. V-Day's not quite the same when the wife is 800 miles away. :rolleyes:

I dont need any day of the year to remind me to purchase something nice for my wife.
I buy her gifts(cost can be from 1.00 up to whatever) all the time.

We arent big on this valentines day stuff, wont go out for dinner to overpay.

having said that, I did push stuffed dolls and phony flowers and balloons along with dozens of other novelties every valentines day to make money.

as far as Im concerned, you should treat your wife or honey like its valentines day every day of the year.

Well, I have no excuse not to remember three important events. All I have to remember is the month of February, which includes our anniversary, Valentine's Day, and LOML's birthday. We're celebrating V-Day tomorrow with her taking me to the eye surgeon in Tallahassee, but then we'll have an early dinner at Chili's as we head home. :thumb:

Yup, I remembered, even signed the card............... after all, I don't want her to guess who it came from. :rofl:

Valentines means a special dinner out for the both of us and a reminder to me of how extraordinary she has always been.

LOML are going to dinner with the girl tomorrow night to celebrate. Friday morning we head out (without the kid) to Lawrence, KS (where we first met over 20yrs ago:eek:) to raise havoc like the good 'ol days with all the young college kids for the weekend....I can't wait! :D

Her valentine gift for the past 10 years has been a gun. This year's valentine is on backorder. Kel Tec PMR30. Since she broke her wrist, she can't comfortably shoot 357 or larger. And if you have met my wife, she is kind of small anyway, so I do fear her as she is a dead shot!

To those of you that said something like, "I don't need a special day to be nice to her", bravo and well done. Never-the-less, if you were a saint 362 days of the year and forgot to make her anniversary, birthday, and valentine's day special, woe unto you. :rofl: She might say it's not necessary, but...

To those of you that said something like, "I don't need a special day to be nice to her", bravo and well done. Never-the-less, if you were a saint 362 days of the year and forgot to make her anniversary, birthday, and valentine's day special, woe unto you. :rofl: She might say it's not necessary, but...

I agree Rennie. I try to make each day better. Her health and my health scare this year has made both of us more aware. We agreed at the onset of our marriage it wasn't going to be a money trap for holidays. If we need or want it, we usually buy it. This summer I ran across a great deal on a used 454 Casull, $1200.00 new, was there the day the original owner brought it back as it was to powerful for him, ran 3 shells through it! I stayed out of the deal, but in the end he left with another handgun and then the store owner looked at me and said, "I know you want it, what is your best offer?". I didn't have enough cash on me to make a serious offer. As I walk out the door he says, "$700.00 today you own it", my wife hands me her checkbook and says, "buy it". Who am I to argue. So I got my present a little early.

I got mine taken care of at the same time i do the B Day. They two days apart. :) . So we celebrate all week. But i too don't wait on these occasions or need to have them to look after my missus.

My trick is to get the local party store to do a balloon special and i usually pick it up the night before . They do some amazing things . Always a nice treat. I am lucky man she aint a high maintenance kinda gal. :) But boy it can be just as tough to find things for a lady like this.

...But boy it can be just as tough to find things for a lady like this.

I don't even try to guess what she wants anymore. Guaranteed if I pick it out, she won't like it. Never fails. :rolleyes: I either give her cash, a gift card, or have her tell me exactly what to buy.

Its just another very commercial holiday if you ask me.
My belief is that men should treat their wife like everyday is valentines day.
I kiss her every morning when she leaves for work and tell her I love her, and then I ask her btw, on the way home, could you stop off at ace and pick me a bottle of titebond 3?(it works for me)

Thanks for the reminder. I have had a incredibly busy week and it totally slipped my mind. I knew it was coming but did not realize it was so close. You saved me a lot of grief. Thanks.