Sometimes I love memes...

John Pollman

This is too good!

603878_594317737264228_1742821726_n.jpg

Learning: meme is new to me. so googled it --> results

meme (noun)

1 : an idea, belief or belief system, or pattern of behavior that spreads throughout a culture either vertically by cultural inheritance (as by parents to children) or horizontally by cultural acquisition (as by peers, information media, and entertainment media)

2 : a pervasive thought or thought pattern that replicates itself via cultural means; a parasitic code, a virus of the mind especially contagious to children and the impressionable

3 : the fundamental unit of information, analogous to the gene in emerging evolutionary theory of culture
- meme pool (n.) : all memes of a culture or individual
- memetic (adj.) : relating to memes
- memetics (n.) : the study of memes

4 : in blogspeak, an idea that is spread from blog to blog

5 : an internet information generator, especially of random or contentless information

(Etymology : meme : derived from the Greek mimëma, 'something imitated', by Richard Dawkins in 1976)
Santa Claus is a more persistent meme than weasel frosting.

I didn't even know what a meme was until a couple months ago. Actually it may not be correct, but on FB you CONSTANTLY see pictures or drawings (like above) with captions on them. I was trying to describe one to my son and wife and didn't know what to call it. They both said "those are meme's". So that's what I've been calling them since.

John I think you nailed it. It was a new word for me and being lazy I have almost stopped playing the name game - but things like this makes me look them up.

I also liked the Newton Meme! I still have a steel ball Newton action and reaction rig and still play with it.. May be more fun to use kids in a swing. LOL