A TS in my future

Al Launier

I'm tired of having of using an old (~1952 Sears "RoebucK" table saw where I Have to setup & measure for each cut: inching & tapping the fence to get the correct distance to the blade; measure from fence to front of miter slot; measure from fence to rear of miter slot; clamping the front end of fence & then using a large C-clamp on the rear end of fence. This gets old fast.

So, I've contacted a FWW member & expect to buy his Ridgid 3650 TS in about 2 1/2 months. Can't wait! My shop is growing!

Sounds great Al as a fence that won't lock true is not only frustrating but, can be a safety issue as well. I enjoy hearing about your progress in this most enjoyable activity. Woodworking is really my cure-all and even after doing it for years, I always enjoy my shop time.

...Have to setup & measure for each cut: inching & tapping the fence to get the correct distance to the blade; measure from fence to front of miter slot; measure from fence to rear of miter slot; clamping the front end of fence & then using a large C-clamp on the rear end of fence. This gets old fast...

Been there and done that. :yes: You'll love having a better fence (and saw). :thumb:

Yeah nothing worse than a poor fence. Its a pitty craftsman 22124 dont seem to sell my saw anymore or at least not in Canada and with the biesmeyer fence. Absolute pleasure from day one.

Best of luck with the new saw though.

You'll love that saw! I've done a few mods to mine as far as shifting the fence rails to the right, adding the jessum sliding table attachment and mounting the whole thing on a mobile base.
7-4-09 005.jpg2-1-11 003.jpg2-1-11 004.jpg7-4-11 001.JPG7-4-11 002.JPG7-4-11 003.JPG

You'll love that saw! I've done a few mods to mine as far as shifting the fence rails to the right, adding the jessum sliding table attachment and mounting the whole thing on a mobile base.
View attachment 73751View attachment 73752View attachment 73753View attachment 73754View attachment 73755View attachment 73756

I guess you did! Unfortunately I don't have the room for all the mods you built into, or around yours. The old TS I currently have is boxed in, albeit in a very limited fashion, but I like the way you did yours so that it connects with a dust collector. I may just do the sane with my Dudst Deputy & 1 1/2" shop vac. That should help reduce the dust that I'm getting from the 'ol saw.

... Its a pitty craftsman 22124 dont seem to sell my saw anymore or at least not in Canada and with the biesmeyer fence. Absolute pleasure from day one. ...

In the US the 22124 was replaced with the 22116 that has a riving knife....they also added a granite top, blade shroud arbor carriage, and a Biese clone instead of the Biese. (same saw as the Steel City 35930).

Good luck with your 3650. Get it aligned, put a good blade on it, and make some dust!