An easy segmented pen

Here is one of those easy segmented pen designs that lends itself to many different designs. The beauty about this is if you make a mistake, not much time or material is used up. Some people call these swirls and some call them feathers. Whatever you call it here is a Sierra Vista with a white acrylic blank with red and black pickguard inlays. As always any comments or questions are always welcomed. Thanks for looking.

IMGP0973_zpsd4700936.jpg

IMGP0976_zps614c42f9.jpg

IMGP0975_zpscccb7c31.jpg

Here is the jig I used to make the blank. The black and aluminum blank is a work in progress. I need to drill and spin it as soon as I get some shop time.

45degreesledfortablesaw.jpg

Very nice. I like that you don't cut all the way through. Makes it much easier to build up the blank than some of the celtic designs where you cut all the way through..

Very nicely done.:thumb:

That is very cool, and really well done. I'd love to see a picture of the black and aluminum one once it's done. I think I'm gonna have to play around with this form some.

--dave

--dave

Very cool, John. :thumb:

Very nice. I like that you don't cut all the way through. Makes it much easier to build up the blank than some of the celtic designs where you cut all the way through..

Very nicely done.:thumb:

On the Celtic knot pens and screwdrivers I've made, I didn't cut all the way through the blank. I left the cut 1/16" to 1/32" shy so the length of the blank wouldn't shift as I added the contrasting parts.

That is very cool, and really well done. I'd love to see a picture of the black and aluminum one once it's done. I think I'm gonna have to play around with this form some.

--dave

--dave

Hey John,

Did you ever take any pictures of the finished black/aluminum pen? Do share!

--dave

Wow I am totally sorry. For some reason I thought I had posted that here. OK I will be glad to show you the results. What I will do is start a new topic so that others can see them also in case they were interested too. Thanks for asking.