Thread: Laser'd logo question

Laser'd logo question

Hi gang,
    busy busy week, been falling into bed early and getting up even earlier with the new job... need to catch up on all the postings eventually...

Before I do that however I have a question. Do any of you have a laser or a cnc mill (other than Stu...) that could help me out with making a label for my cutting boards? I just got an order for a pair of 20"x24" end grain boards and the client has asked that I 'sign' the pieces. I asked if a logo would be ok, and she said sure, just so long as she can give me credit for the work. She and I used to work together and she wants people to know who made the boards (one for her, one for her mother in law to be...). I'm flattered that she would a) order the boards and b) want them signed. I know for her boards, I can get a pyrography pen or an engraver and do 'something' she would like but I'd also like to come up with something special for the long run for my new venture.

I don't have a logo yet, but will be meeting with a graphic designer friend and get that done, once I have said logo, I'd like to have a wooden logo 'disc' I can inlay into my cutting boards. I would be ordering in quantity so I can simply route out a spot for the inlay, and then glue them in to the piece. Anyone interested in helping me out with that? And for those who say 'buy a laser'... maybe down the road, but It isn't in the budget right now.
    -Ned

Can't help you out with the laser but I've been thinking about buying one of the wood branding irons that Rockler and a few other sell.

Congrats on the job
    Faith, Hope & Charity

that might be an option, hadn't thought of those, thanks Bob!
    -Ned

pete simmons can make you buttons that you use a forstner bit and glue in place.. and they are reasonable.. he has done alot of laser work for many folks on this forum..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Yep, the branding irons are the way to go. Not inexpensive but a one time purchase.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Pete Simmons, google Laser Image Arts, he is down in Florida. Actually he has 24 of my pens now plus a couple from a couple of students. FAST turnaround time and EXCELLENT work at more than reasonable prices. You will not go wrong dealing with Pete.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Two words: Pete Simmons. 'Nuff said.

Pete and I have collaborated on number of cutting boards, and we've done a several other joint projects over the years. You couldn't ask for anyone better to work with.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

i can highly recommend pete, he's done some things for me, and excellent work.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking