Is this a good deal ?

I would be very leery at that price. For $595.00 you can get a new Grizzly G0462. Or a couple, very good, bench top models in the $400.00.
I don't know anything about the Wilton. Nebber heerd of it. But, from the pics it looks pretty light duty. IMHO, no more than $300.00.

the tormek is a nice addition to the total deal that i think frank missed,, to me i think its a good deal but others will know more,, the tormek is around 4 to 5 hundred let alone a lathe and tools?

I agree with Larry on this one. If the Tormek is included, you couuld probably get half your money back if you sold that. It is a smaller lathe, but if your only doing legs and other spindle work it should be a good one. Nova is a good company in the spinny world. Plus you can always talk him down maybe too...

The lathe looks okay (I have a Nova DVR, but don't know that model). The Tormek is worth several hundred used, but he seems to have every option on the Tormek... the one I can read is the planer jointer guide, which by itself is worth well over $100 (or used, probably $100). That is a huge selection of chisels, which have value even if only "okay" quality. The spindle steady is an expensive option. By the time you include all the extras, it sounds like a heck of a deal.

If the Tormek and all the lathe tools are included in the deal, it's very worthwhile.

You could throw the lathe away, and still have a reasonable deal.

And the steady rest is worth close to $100 .. so add it all up I think its pushing a steal. Rough math says even used there are more than $500 of accessories so the lathe is "free" :D

Frank, Wilton it the town the guy is in, not the tool. The Nova Comet has a good reputation. It's one of their older models, but it's well-suited for spindle turning. As has been said, the Tormek setup alone is worth the asking price.

I hope you can snag it, Bob. :thumb:

Don't know if Bob got it but it's gone.:doh:
If I had, had the cash on hand yesterday when he posted it you could have seen it in my bad pics gloating about how I stole it.:thumb::thumb:

thats the way it goes with craigslist.
any good buy, and I mean any legitimate decent buy, is usually gone within 20 minutes or at least held off until the first buyer has a shot.

the problem always is wading through all the garbage and too good to be true ads until you find one that is legit and you want.

better luck with the search bob.