Classified Ads Won't Open

Tom Blank

The Classified Ads forum will not open for me, all I get is a white screen. The only ad I can see in the one listed in the "Last Post" column.

I am logged in and every other forum, sub-forum, and post will open fine.

Any ideas?

Tom

Very weird. I'm able to access it just fine. Can you give it a try in another browser? or maybe clear the cache in the one you are using?

Brent,

I'm not great at woodworking, but I'm terrible at troubleshooting PCs. I am using IE8 and have Google as my home page.

Try another browser - like something different than IE8? How?

I opened IE8 Tools/Internet Options and deleted temp internet files, cookies, and history. Closed IE8. Opened it up again and came back here. Didn't help, still no Classifieds.

Turned off Pop-Up Blocker, that didn't help either.

Tom

Other browsers are Mozilla Firefox (which I've used for years) and Google Chrome (I've been giving it a try). The classified ads open fine in both of them. I also tried IE9 on the ads and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Brent,

Do you want a screen shot of what I get when I click on the Classified forum? It's pretty boring, Google header with tool bars, a white screen, and "Done" in the lower left corner. I'll send one along.

Tom

Brent,
Do you want a screen shot of what I get when I click on the Classified forum? It's pretty boring, Google header with tool bars, a white screen, and "Done" in the lower left corner. I'll send one along.
Tom

I got your screen shot. That is very strange.

There's really no reason that page shouldn't come up. You could try clearing your cache to see if that helps http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=12314

Deleted temp internet files, cookies, and history again. Deleted the cache using instructions above. Theme is/was vB4. Got the same white screen result. Google has been nagging me to upgrade to Chrome for some time, may have to give up and try that.

Will report results.

Tom

This would be the point where wild theories start to come in. (Keep in mind I'm really just making things up here and these may or may not be possible/realistic).

If you were experiencing any other weird symptoms of browser hijacking, I'd go there. Some times hijacked browsers just act weird. Depending on the hijacker, they might look for words like classified and try and redirect you to another site.

Or it could be some sort of cached DNS entry upstream from you.

But with everything you've done, I just don't know where to go now except to recommend chrome...

I loaded Chrome. Still no-go on the Classified page. Everything else opens fine. The only changes I see are that Brent's dominos cycle around the circle quicker and a spell checker now underlines words it doesn't know in this reply window.

Tom