Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday - 3/1/2013 Edition

It's Friday - 3/1/2013 Edition

March? Yup, It's March already...

Today I've got a full afternoon of meetings, probably take my wife to dinner so she can un-wind, this is one of her busiest times of the year at work.

Tomorrow I'm going to finish pre-painting trim and finish touching up the walls and get them painted, then install trim. My wife has some things to hang on the walls, so will get those up as well.

Need to cut and install the crown moulding and sand down the vanity to put a coat of sealer on. Will start cutting out door fronts and drawers for the vanity.

May drive down to the JD, Kubota, and Mahindra dealers tomorrow and look at compact tractors first hand.

So what's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Spending more time in the kitchen than shop today - doing some prep work to get ready for company. Not sure how LOML will want to celebrate after work this evening. Yesterday was her birthday and today is her last day of work - ever!

Saturday, we'll prepare for the arrival of some FWW family members. They should be here around 4pm, so I'm sure there will be lots of tall tales and sipping!

Sunday, the guests will continue south on their getaway. I'll settle in for the NASCAR Phoenix race, while LOML catches up on her reading.

Monday will be the first day of the rest of our lives for sure. LOML will NOT have to hop up and head to work! Yay for retirement!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Congrats to Mrs. Arnold!

Closest thing to woodworking I've got on the schedule is to hang a coat rack at my sister's house. (Hey, it's a wooden rack.)

Might wander over to the Gun Show at the state fairgrounds to look at overpriced guns, ammo and accessories, since it's only about a mile from my apartment. I'll also probably take advantage of the predicted good weather and head to the Shooting Range State Park to sight in a new rifle scope I got recently.

A few other possibilities may come up this weekend, but I'll keep those close to the vest for now.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Arnold View Post
    Spending more time in the kitchen than shop today - doing some prep work to get ready for company. Not sure how LOML will want to celebrate after work this evening. Yesterday was her birthday and today is her last day of work - ever!
    Please wish her a happy birthday for us and a BIG Congratulations!!!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

WoooHooo for the Arnolds!!

Tonight we are meeting a few friends out to plan a vacation we are all taking together this summer with our families...probably not much planning gonna happen! Tomorrow I hope to get started on my dust collection piping after gathering most of what I need to get started this week...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

got the newsletter out this morning. resting, getting ready for rendering scenes of the case burro project house for the upcoming newsletters.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

congrats Mrs. Arnold, retired on or near a birthday. sounds great to me.
    Human Test Dummy

Hearty congrats to the Mrs

Working Sat and Sun.
    Going out for Chinese food tonight. General Gau's chicken and my usual zombie.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Working ................
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Woodworking show in Columbus. 175 mile drive (each way)...show was a total waste of time. Shoulda just gone to Hartville. Much more to be seen, and do, there.

$5 parking, two $12 tickets, saw the whole show in 30 minutes. Didn't buy anything at all.

Took the wife for a good German dinner, and that was it.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!