15" Extension,
1 HP double ended shaft,
Belt driven,
Double miter slot,
Aluminum fence,
Miter head,
Darkened with age, but no rust,
On casters - 2 rear swivel/2 front straight,
Boxed in with plywood for sawdust collection.

Overall, considering it's age, I'd rate its condition as 7/10.

Since I'm buying a Ridgid 3650 TS at the end of April, I need to sell this antique to make room for the "new" TS. I plan on posting it on craigslist.

Now for the question. What would you estimate its value at (pick up - no delivery - as is)?

Around here, they generally go for about $150.00.

Yours is one of the better made ones, though.

Sears saws started getting bad reps in the 70s~80s, and unfortunately, the rep, though unfounded, has pretty much expanded to cover all Sears saws, regardless of age. The bad rep came from cheapened manufacturing, and less-than-ethical advertising ("1hp motor develops 2 hp!", etc.)

Without seeing it, I'd guess that in good condition, with some good pics, and well worded listing, you might get $100-$150. Depends on your market at any given time though.

Thanks Guys, your estimates are right on with what I had in mind and was hoping you'd say. It's good to get your confirmation as I can sell it for a reasonable value to both parties.

Ask $150 or $175 then be willing to come down a little to make the buyer feel he talked you down. Makes them feel good and have something to brag to his/her friends about. Those are good old saws, probably thousands still plugging away. I worked with one for over 30 years.

Ask $150 or $175 then be willing to come down a little to make the buyer feel he talked you down. Makes them feel good and have something to brag to his/her friends about. Those are good old saws, probably thousands still plugging away. I worked with one for over 30 years.

Sounds good to me! Have to get it "purty" for pictures.

Al list it for 195 and come down with make offer slogan.. i agree with jim on the old ones being better for sure. have more than on pic so they can see how good of shape it is in,, that will help in sales

I'm gonna argue agents Larry's Idea. For me if you list it to high I'm gonna low ball ya or just pass it by. Me I would put right in the listing 150 firm. That seems to weed out some of the low ballers and window shoppers.
But than agin I'm a cut to the chase type of guy. Give me your best deal right out of the gate or I'm moving on.:thumb::thumb:

I agree with chuck. I offer everything Ive ever sold on craigslist at my bottom price and let it be known in the ad thats it.
It helps people looking for that particular item wade through all the junkie ads faster.

Oh and I know you said you are cleaning it up for pics. But don't list it until you have them to put in the listing. From where I sit if the seller could not be bothered to take a pic I can not be bothered to look at the listing.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: Even if it is something I'm looking to buy.

Oh and I know you said you are cleaning it up for pics. But don't list it until you have them to put in the listing. From where I sit if the seller could not be bothered to take a pic I can not be bothered to look at the listing.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl: Even if it is something I'm looking to buy.

I've never posted on CL without pictures. If I see a listing without a picture icon next to it, I won't check out the listing. I need to see what I'm buying & I feel everyone else probably feels the same way. We're on the same page.

I realize that that tools are valued at certain levels. However I would be hard put to sell my Dad's 1957 Gold anniversary addition Contractors saw for the prices mentioned here.

I had a 1997 model contractors saw & it wasn't nearly the saw this one is. If you had to replace this saw with a new saw it would cost you at least 6-900 dollars & the saw may not be near the quality saw this one is.

With the base I made for my 1997 model saw re-purposed to fit this saw it should sell for a bit more than mentioned above. It also has the fence off of my Craftsman saw. I had a Ridgid fence that went with my old saw. The Craftsman fence was a good accurate fence so I kept it. When I put it on my Fathers saw it lined right up perfectly. The particular fence I have has 4 large flat headed allen bolts which hold the fence to the guide mechanism that runs along the rail. I had heard complaints of it coming loose so I locktited them after I lined up the fence & then tightened them down & never had a problem with misalignment. The front rail is a very heavy aluminum extrusion & with adjusting the fence fore & aft adjustment to a minimum that allowed the fence to move but not bind the fence stayed in alinement & worked great.

Last edited:
With all the recommendations given, I thought I should show the Post on CL:

Table Saw - 10" Floor Model - Clean & in Very Good Condition

A vintage Craftsman table saw, manufactured when they were made to higher quality standards, when reliability and durability meant something. Check out this Sears "Roebuck" Craftsman 10" table saw built to the old design standards back in the good old days. This saw runs very well, is still used frequently and has the following features:

· Circa early-mid 1950's,
· Heavy duty Cast Iron table (20"x27"),
· Heavy duty 10" Cast Iron table extension - attachable to either side,
· Extra 15" Extension with angle iron fence for large sheet stock,
· 1 HP double-ended shaft, 110-120VAC
· 90° vertical through 45° blade tilt angle,
· Belt driven (1/2" V-Belt),
· 3 1/4" vertical cutting depth capacity,
· Heavy duty aluminum fence - rack & pinion adjustment,
· Double miter slots,
· Sturdy miter head with steel runner,
· 10" saw blade included,
· On casters - 2 rear swivel/2 front straight,
· Enclosed with plywood for sawdust collection.
· In very good working condition - in frequent use,
· I'd rate it's condition as ~7-8/10.

This saw will serve you well as it continues to do so for me.

Only $150 cash. Pick up only - no delivery.

Your serious interest is appreciated.

Attachments

• Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-8.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-8.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-7.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-5.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-4.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-3.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-6.jpg
    Old Sears Roebuck Table Saw-6.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 24
I like it, the emphasis on the cast iron differentiates it from the later tin can models, nice shot of the fence showing both from and rear support. Should generate some hits.

The only think I _might_ have added would have been something like:
"Selling to make room for a newer larger saw"
as that removes the "if its so great then why's he selling it" question from the readers mind.

I like it, the emphasis on the cast iron differentiates it from the later tin can models, nice shot of the fence showing both from and rear support. Should generate some hits.

The only think I _might_ have added would have been something like:
"Selling to make room for a newer larger saw"
as that removes the "if its so great then why's he selling it" question from the readers mind.

Ryan, I originally had a similar line in the post, but decided to hold that as a follow-up response to that question. Then again, perhaps I should follow your suggestion. Good one - Done!

i hope it sells for you, i like your ad.

I have been ere in Lancaster County Pa for going on 30 years now and one of the things I have a hard time getting used to is so many people here either don't price what they sit out to sell or if they do price it as if it was new. I just get in my truck and go on down the road.

There was an Astro mini van that set out for sale over two years because the owner wasn't going to give it away. And everyone is trying to sell their houses for what they were worth at the peak....

I can rarely find any tools on craig's list most days for anywhere near what they are worth..

So I'd say you are doing right Al..