Will Florida ever be the same?

Pete Simmons

Let's hope Florida can recover ------- Larry and Tom are visiting the Florida Space Coast.

Had a nice visit today with them and their Wife's.

Pictures will follow but National Inquire has first rights to all evidence.

Gave them a demo of what a laser can do. Larry is churning over many possible laser ideas in his mind.

Little do the fish up around the Cape know what is in store for them tomorrow.

I forget what they were looking for but I heard them mumbling something about "Great Whites!!!"

Laser Work

It's official Larry andd Tom are Laser Engravers.

With some coaching and only one small fire they engraved their own round ( Florida Version).

larrytom.jpg

Last edited:
well folks pete has more history than most books i have read. and his talents are as plentiful as his hair on his head for his age.. we had a very enjoyable time there and many interesting stories.. thanks for the great hospitality pete. will hope to see you again soon:)

Again this forum has pulled out the best:) thanks Pete and Karen for you hospitality, totally enjoyed our visit. Thanks for the laser engraving 101 Pete, such a cool process and thanks for the round-to-it, it will proudly hang with my others:thumb:

...and his talents are as plentiful as his hair on his head for his age...

What do you mean for his age? The guy's only 47 years old. :D

Glad to see you all got to meet up. :thumb: Pete's on my list of "want to meet" people for sure. If I ever get down his way I'll definitely try to make that happen.

Poor fishies...they won't know what hit 'em.

Man these Michiganders sure get around. And they were quick to get out of town and dodge the weather.

See what Miami Herald had to say about these Yankee travelers

Tom and Larry.jpg

Oh anyone for wood i got a trailer going to Michigan and i think i get a dog thrown in for free. Now i dont know if I can fit that sander in as well but sure will try. :)

Man these Michiganders sure get around. And they were quick to get out of town and dodge the weather.

See what Miami Herald had to say about these Yankee travelers

View attachment 74286

Oh anyone for wood i got a trailer going to Michigan and i think i get a dog thrown in for free. Now i dont know if I can fit that sander in as well but sure will try. :)

thanks for giving them a pre warning Rob, the fish went into hiding:rolleyes::rofl: Oh Larry says keep away from Charlie.......didn't mention nothing bout wood though:p:D

well we had to eat bait tonight because we couldnt catch supper, but hey thats the nice thing about using shrimp for bait:) tomorrow is still open, dont know what is going to happen next:)
but these folks sure do get cold easy, they were all wearing winter clothes at 48 degree weather.

well even when i leave home charlie is on my mind:) and i have refrained from getting to close to a dog but today i about had a heart attack:) we were coming out from a really neat grocery store and doing some pre-shopping for supper tonight and low and behold i had a beep on the cell phone, he had sent a email to me.. and this wqas what i read: "Charlie is having a fantastic time here!! He is doing great. He is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping just fine. He did tell Nicole this morning that he misses you very much and can't wait to see again, but not to worry about him because he is making new friends here and time is flying by. " then as we were walking out this what we saw...:eek:
charlie close.jpg
so some how charlie escaped and decided to find me.. and as you can see he was soaking up the sun too in a comfortable location:)

Attachments

• charlie in florida.jpg
    charlie in florida.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
well the last surprize visit!!!

first off we had to feed tom real well at his favorite resturant, tom-supper.jpg

then after a good nights rest we headed down to see the last member of the FWW family on our short trip this week, we have kept in touch with him for some time and he drops in once in awhile to see whats going on with the forum folk.. and keeps tabs on me threw email .. some time ago he donated some pen presses to the forum to give away and has posted a little since then. he used to do alot of woodworking and is now kinda restricted to his home due to some health problems. he was just a little farther south of where we were at in Florida and so i asked if he was going to be free and he said he was open for a visit.. so we did and had a very nice visit with Joe Ice and his wife Marylin, the one picture shows us both shaking hands and one of his many jogs that he has made this one is a leg tapering jig that he has refined to a very reliable jig for 4 sided tapers or just one or two.. the other photo is him and his wife Marylin,, he had a very interesting life and told us some of his stories as we were there.. thanks for the great visit joe and we really enjoyed talking with you:)
joe-frst.jpgjoe+us.jpgjoe-maryln.jpg

Well Florida is not the same.

Tom, Larry and their better halves are now on their way North.

Florida and the people they touched are lucky that we had the opportunity to meet them.

I am not sure how many years ago I started communicating with Larry and Tom via this forum, but it was a fair number of years ago. Probably right around when the forum started.

Never thought I would meet them in person.

Finally met them this week and a great time was had by all.

I am lucky I know a lot of people I would say are good guys.

Larry and Tom do not fall into this group.

They are GREAT guys. The kind that are few and far between and luckly the type that seem to be attracted to this forum.

Hope we can meet again!