My Shop (Ok, it is really heaven)

DOH!! How do I get those pictures upright?

As a side note... the Jewelry armoire is cherry and walnut. I did not make the rope moulding or the cabriole feet. I wanted to make the feet but didn't have a bandsaw (until tomorrow when my new 17" arrives..YIPPPEEEE!!!)

Well, anyhow, the pictures above are of some of the stuff I have made. The kitchen is from our old house which I completely remodeled. The vanity is from our new house. I had to make four of those bathroom vanities because we have four bathrooms and the wife wanted them to all look exactly the same. I also custom made ALL of the trim in our new house including all the base trim, window jamb's and window casing. 2years and still not done.

Last edited:
I believe what you are looking at it is my plywood storage solution. It is just a tweak over 8' tall, 48" deep and about 12" wide. It is on two hinges and swings out from the wall with a single wheel riding on the floor. Once swung out I can then slide plywood in or out of it for storage. It has served me very well for years.

Excellent. I have had a couple of false starts on a swing-out sheet goods solution. what I have is working (stationary) but, I am always trying to improve space/efficiency. Thanks!

Nice shop and nicer? work (nicer is perhaps questionable, that's a dang nice shop). No worries on the pictures being sideways many of us are a little sideways as well so it works :D

Great story on the drum sander, I wouldn't be able to part with it either.

I like how you did the walls, the boards part way up look really nice and provide a good place to protect the drywall. Do you ever wish you'd gone higher or does that seem about right after having used is a few years?

The DC layout is pretty and nicely laid out :D Funny how some things like that really stand out.

Which way is North? Wondering mostly about the ambient lighting, and how you like how the windows ended up being laid out?

Nice shop and nicer? work (nicer is perhaps questionable, that's a dang nice shop). No worries on the pictures being sideways many of us are a little sideways as well so it works :D

Great story on the drum sander, I wouldn't be able to part with it either.

I like how you did the walls, the boards part way up look really nice and provide a good place to protect the drywall. Do you ever wish you'd gone higher or does that seem about right after having used is a few years?

The DC layout is pretty and nicely laid out :D Funny how some things like that really stand out.

Which way is North? Wondering mostly about the ambient lighting, and how you like how the windows ended up being laid out?

Ryan:

The Hickory on the walls works well and it is about right for height. Maybe another foot taller would have been nice but when I purchased the wood it was left-over from a larger job that a local sawmill had done. I literally had about 8 pieces of wood left over. It was the most exact square foot measurement I have ever done on a project of that size so it was a good thing I did not plan on going higher. My only disappointment is the fact that I have so much stuff up against the wood that I can't see much of it. It is really pretty.

Thanks for the comments on the dust collector. I sat and scratched my head for quite some time on the lay-out, and I still am not sure if I have it where I really want it.

The large three pane window is south. The large garage door is West. I can open the garage door on the west side and open a south window and get a real nice cross-flow of air through the shop. Absolutely love the amount of ambient light in the shop. After working in a nearly windowless garage I was shocked at how much of a difference the was with all of the natural light. I now have to put extra attention into my detail work...LOL

Wow nice shop i agree with your use of the word heaven. I would say get rid of the boat ( bring out another thousand) and close up the side. Make for more space and more tools or finishing room etc. Will also increase tool budget :)

Nice work you have done, bet you have more than paid for your shop in all that work and savings.
Btw welcome to the family good to have you around and goahead and do a write up on that machine. That sure is a keeper.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

its always easy to see who has a nice big shop by looking at the walls. If you can see them, odds are the shop is big.
I havent seen any of the walls in my garage since I started woodworking.