Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from SW France

Lives at Matha in SW France (near Cognac/St.Jeand'Angely/Saintes and inland from La Rochelle).

Greetings from SW France

Hello everybody in familywoodworking,

I am new to the site and also to crafting in wood and at age 70 I am happy to learn new skills and gain from younger experiences if I can.

I am particularly interested in relief carving on panels, and head and abstract sculptures.

At the moment I am assembling the hardwares and benches etc so I can function in my chosen area; many items I have bought over years with retirement in mind so I find I already have a bunch of gear though the quality and usefulness might be questionable. I just accumulated not knowing a thing about their usefulness or value in technique.

I am looking forward to discovering all sorts of new ideas and directions when I next log on.

Best wishes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowie View Post
    Hello everybody in familywoodworking,

I am new to the site and also to crafting in wood and at age 70 I am happy to learn new skills and gain from younger experiences if I can.

I am particularly interested in relief carving on panels, and head and abstract sculptures.

At the moment I am assembling the hardwares and benches etc so I can function in my chosen area; many items I have bought over years with retirement in mind so I find I already have a bunch of gear though the quality and usefulness might be questionable. I just accumulated not knowing a thing about their usefulness or value in technique.

I am looking forward to discovering all sorts of new ideas and directions when I next log on.

Best wishes . . .
    Welcome to the forum David, I'm also a wannabe carver and woodworker, so feel free to ask and post your work, we love pics here!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Welcome to the forum David, I'm also a wannabe carver and woodworker, so feel free to ask and post your work, we love pics here!
    David, first welcome to the Family. Second for Toni to say his a "wannabe carver" is a huge understatement. Do a few searches of his work here, it's beautiful. Also as Toni said we love pictures here!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Welcome David And dont let that Toni fool ya he's a master carver
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Welcome David. I believe you might be our first French member. It's great to have you here. And as the others have said, Toni is only being modest. He does wonderful work, and he happens to also be in Europe, relatively close to you (about 800 KM).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Welcome David, glad you found us

David,

Welcome to FWW. I think that you will enjoy most of us. I'm a little pixilated, however I don't have egg allover my face.

You have probably already figured out that everybody likes Toni. That is because he is a great guy.

Enjoy,
    JimB

I will say it again, "Welcome!"
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

welcome david, and toni is our carver of the week so glad you found us and look forward to hearing more from you
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

hey david, welcome from long island NY.
    Human Test Dummy