Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday - 3/8/2013 Edition

Kansas City, Missouri

It's Friday - 3/8/2013 Edition

Well, almost there, but it's 5:00 somewhere. Hoping to finish up some master bath stuff and get some drawer fronts and doors cut out with it being 60* today and tomorrow, need to cut some crown and put on a finish coat of paint on all the trim I installed this week and caulk around the floor.

Still trying to talk my wife into the new compact tractor, but may have to settle for a zero turn or smaller garden/yard tractor (JD X500) for now. Planning to go look at a few of those tomorrow morning, maybe drag her along.

May also try to clean out the house garage and finally get the xmas decorations back into the attic while it's warm.

What's everyone else got going?

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Santa Claus, In
    Rewiring the shop. Making everything a true 20 amp circuit and separating the circuits. Never planned on having so much going on, that I would trip a breaker every now and then. Won't be a problem after this weekend.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Reno NV
    Way more than I have time for.

Old over the range microwave died. We picked up a replacement the other day, so need to install that. The big trick here is that they never vented it to the outside, so I get to climb up in the attic and run the ducting through the roof. Might get interesting since there may be a couple of layers of roof to go through. I.e. they added on to the house and the kitchen is under where the two roofs would meet. Might just run it off to the side a bit.

Still need to finish up the entertainment center, and I think I heard someone remind me something about a table.

Plenty to do.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

DSM, IA
    Finishing up a bowl I'm donating to an auction for a homeless shelter tomorrow morning. Then I hope to get the dust collection all put together so I can move on to making things. Suppose to be warm but wet all weekend so shop time might work out for me this time around.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    Headed to KC tomorrow for Granddaughters 4th Birthday party and then I have to get back and get a CBG and amp done and shipped to youngest son on Monday................Man how did I get so busy
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Working Sat and Sun again
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Plainwell, Michigan
    Driving, driving, driving home why do vacations have to end...

Delton, Michigan
    riding,riding, listening to hens cackle and watching for crazy drivers
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Escondido, CA
    Day off today, but already have 71 hours in this week, and have to work tomorrow. So a few housekeeping things today, a little cooking (pan fried chicken with fresh asparagus and fresh strawberries for dessert), and working on the layout for the solar installation for the Putter Palace.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

ABQ NM
    Headed out in a bit to go see some friends playing at a local tavern. Probably spend some time with a friend tomorrow helping to pick out accessories for a new iPhone, then a nephew's baby shower on Sunday. Other than that, the rest of the weekend is pretty wide open and I'm gonna just let the winds take me wherever they want.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan