Bob got new boots!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
The old ones had pretty much zero tread left. In fact they were flat, and I had no way to fill some of them up with air!

In this picture you can see an oval spot on the inside right of the rim where the filler tube should have been, but it was sheared off.

So not only was I not getting traction with my bald flat tire, the tire would spin around on the rim. They were filled with rubber foam, so it wasn't like they were flat on the ground, but they were shot.

And with that rubber foam, they were heavy, and not really worth trying to just get new tires put on.
FWW-8806.jpg

So I ordered a new set of tires off ebay. Definitely the budget models, but they should work for me.

The offset is a little different than the old ones, but since it's a little wider, that's fine with me. Should make it a little more stable.

Now Bob will have better traction and a little higher, wider, more stable ride!

FWW-8804.jpgFWW-8805.jpg

Much better tread, but, installed, they do look a bit narrower. Shouldn't affect operation, though.

Are these foam-filled, too? That sure beats getting flats - but then, you're less likely to be running over nails, etc., in a construction site than commercial operators would.

Much better tread, but, installed, they do look a bit narrower. Shouldn't affect operation, though.

Are these foam-filled, too? That sure beats getting flats - but then, you're less likely to be running over nails, etc., in a construction site than commercial operators would.

No, just regular old 10ply pneumatic. So far I can tell there is a huge difference in the ride. It's actually less bouncy but more precise? Not sure that makes sense, but new shoes always feel different.

Filling them with foam would have added a bunch to the price, and like you said, it's not like it's going to be used at a rental yard or construction site, so I didn't figure I needed it.

I gave it a little digging test and I can tell there is better traction.