Bob's got eyes in the back of his head!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, Not woodworking, but while I'm on a roll with Bob...

I know I put the rear view video cam in him last year, but when grading the driveway, I needed something a little more immediate.

Looking up at the sky was kind of hard and I really didn't like twisting around in the seat to look behind me.

So I bought a couple of little 8" convex mirrors and welded up a piece of 1" square tube on each arm to mount the mirrors too.

So now with new boots, eyes in the back of my head, I should be able to take out the big old bumps that the gravel delivery guy left for me on the driveway a couple of months ago.

I've learned that back blading is definitely a learned skill.

FWW-8809.jpgFWW-8808.jpgFWW-8807.jpg

:threadjacked:

Sooo, what's the thing on the roof of your house wrapped in a yellowish tan coloured tarp? Is that an A/C ?? If so, why would it be there vs on the ground?

:threadjacked:

Sooo, what's the thing on the roof of your house wrapped in a yellowish tan coloured tarp? Is that an A/C ?? If so, why would it be there vs on the ground?

That's a swamp cooler. Here in the desert, we have very low humidity, so instead of AC, most people have these evaporative coolers.

They use a water bath to keep some pads soaked with water. A fan pulls air through the pads. As the hot air hits the moist pads, water evaporates creating a healty drop in temp. The hotter and dryer, the better they work.

We really only need to run it for a few weeks a year during the hottest part of the day though.