rockwel rotary plane?

What is it and do I need it? and by need I don't really mean need because I know the answer is no. And by "do I want it" I mean that rhetorically because I do not think there is a tool i do not want to own, except the electric booger gobbler I saw at a place called the funky chicken art farm. I don't want that. But without knowing exactly what a rotary plane is capable of I can not tell how bad I want it.

it is only $400 and it has a tilting table and extra cutters.

that was a really interesting read. I now also know how to get my car started when its really cold out. I mean I would if I had a carburetor on my car.
this machine was $289 new (in 1969) . I wonder if they still make it. If they don't then the $400 asking price is a little steep.

I am guessing you knew what it was because you knew it was called the uni plane. Seems like an odd type of jointer.

Thanks for the info Bob.

A lot of pattern makers and machine shops like them they were GREAT finger removers. VERY dangerous machine

But but that's not what the article said Jay. "could almost remover the fuzzy of a peach with out harming the skin":thumb::thumb::thumb:
Got to be one of the funnest things I have seen in advertising.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kind of reminds me of the wagner safe-t-planer.

It would mount on a drill press and you could use to to plane small pieces of wood.

24760.jpg

...VERY dangerous machine

That was my impression from looking at the photos. The 8+ inches from the infeed fence to the outfeed fence leaves a big space for bad things to happen. I can only imagine the excitement one would see trying to plane a 10" long board. :eek: