Any woodworking stores near Fairfax, VA?????

Jim O'Dell

Headed there next month for a dog show at the Frying Pan Park near Dulles airport. Host hotel listed as Fairfax. Won't have a lot of free time with the club activities going on, and my wife's aunt and uncle and a married cousin or two with kids. But if there is a place close, I might be able to steal an hour to go drool.
Also, any ideas on good places to eat in the area. We will get to be with friends we only get to see every 3 to 5 years from around the country, and use evening meals to catch up on each other's lives.
I appreciate any ideas you might have! Jim.

It's been a while since we left Northern Virginia (1985) so I can't give you much help on restaurants, but friends told me that our favorite place for special occasions (meaning it's pricey) is still going strong, with a chef/owner who took it over from his father. The place is Chez Francois, in Great Falls (about 30 minutes North of Fairfax). If the budget permits, or the uncle is a rich uncle, or you just feel like splurging, it's worth considering. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.laubergechezfrancois.com

Also, there is apparently a Woodcraft store in Leesburg, about a half hour north of your show site in Herndon.

Have a good trip.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Tony. Not sure if the aunt will cook or if we will go out to eat. With the dogs, we'd have to take 2 vehicles, so eating in would be easier for that particular night. Will keep it in mind for our group of dog show friends. And by pricey, range per person?????
Dave, I'd love to visit and see some more of your art work. But I'm guessing you work, and weekday afternoons are all I could possibly be able to slip away during. Saturday am we will be at the show site, and will say our goodbyes and hit the road from there the moment Best Of Breed is judged, so no weekend time. Looking at your bio, if you work for yourself and an afternoon would work for you, even if I came by your place of business, let me know. I'll see what I can do after we get the itinerary in hand, which will probably be 4 or 5 weeks from now. Jim.