Demolition tools...

Greg Cook

I'm doing the demolition on our kitchen, master and guest bathroom and powder room counter tops. I figured that since I'll be grinding grout, busting up tile, that I'll be creading a bunch of nasty dust. I also figgered that a nice Festool CT-22 would come in handy for keeping the job site clean, and a couple of nice sanders would help to get the cabinet tops nice and smooth and level for the new granite slabs... So with that in mind, and getting the OK from my wife, I place my order.

Today, UPS stopped by and left this...

I got the CT-22, hose garage, handle, and Universal cleaning kit.

I also got the hose boom to keep the hose from dragging across my work/top. (In the bag is a Rotozip Z20 with grout removing accessories, amoung a bunch of stuff, I got on a miss-marked price sale at HD! I'll pick up the dust collector accessory for it tomorrow. It should hook up with the CT-22)

A couple of sanders rounds out my demolition arsenal...

As I was assembling the CT-22, my wife made the comment that it could be I saw a chance to get some woodworking tools, and more than likely used the countertops as just an excuse! :doh:

Hmmmmm... (Wonder where she got that idea???) :dunno:

I do have a question... I fired up both the RO 150 and and the Deltex 93 and they seem pretty loud. My Makita, while a smaller 5" ROS, is much quieter.... Do others who have them notice the noise level being high? Almost like they need a bit of grease.

P.S. Frank Pellow's threads on re-doing his cabin walls and his deck were helpful in choosing my sanders.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice haul :thumb:

I don't have those sanders.
I have a 150. Its real quiet

Does anyone else have the RO 150 or Deltex 93? How is the noise level compared to other sanders you have, and what are the others?

Mine do sound somewhat more like a drill than my Makita or Hitachi 5" ROS sanders...

Thanks,

Last edited:
I have the RO 125 FEQ (5"), and got it because it's smaller and can be used with one hand by me. I have not used it too much, but love it. I only have a ct-mini, bought it from a friend who upgraded to the ct-22, but it works fine with the RO 125 FEQ.

I used the rotary mode on some drywall, worked like a charm.

It's unbelievably enjoyable to sand with. I would like to get the little detail sander you got also, but I'm ok in the meantime.

Thanks guys.

Alan, I'm really looking to hear about the noise level.... Mine sound more like drills running. Have you compared your RO 125 to other sanders you may have, or just what you expected?

Anyone else have a comment on noise level of their Festool sanders?

Alan, I'm really looking to hear about the noise level.... Mine sound more like drills running. Have you compared your RO 125 to other sanders you may have, or just what you expected?
I will say that with the ct-mini it was not as quiet as I was expecting, but it is certainly enjoyable to use.

I was waiting to get a sander that would allow me to hog off waste (rotex) or do fine sanding ROS, so the new dual mode units fit that perfect. I pondered on getting the old 125EQ, as it's small and compact and many folks say that's their goto sander. But if I did that I would still be in the delima as folks were previously and want the rotex as well. The dual mode seems to have solved that, I think, time will tell.

While the 5" dual mode was a bit louder than I would have liked, it worked well and most importantly it sucked up most all of the dust, which in itself for drywall is a tremendous feat.

I would expect your detail sander to be quieter, it is much smaller afterall. But it seems to me that a good amount of the noise comes from the vacuum, even though it is quiet for a vacuum. Your ct-22 is going to be noisier than my ct-mini, nature of the beast. More power, more noise...:doh: