First turkey season

Lucas told me he wanted to turkey hunt this year. He has a single shot 20 gauge so we added a 20 gauge pump to the lineup. Here he is patterning it in so we can go the end of the month. I'm as stoked as he is!

IMAG1075.jpg

Put's a smile on my face. Thinking back to when I used to go hunting as a kid with my dad. Lifelong memories will be made, and you can't buy those with money.:thumb:

Very cool, John. :thumb: I wish someone would have introduced me to a 20 gauge at that age. ;) All the shotguns I had access to were 12 gauge, and that was just a bit overpowered for me back then.

He let me know real quick he wanted no part of a 12 gauge:D!

Thanks guys, I can't wait! For me I could careless if we see anything, just being there is what matters. For him, I hope he busts a big'un.

Last edited:
He let me know real quick he wanted no part of a 12 gauge:D!...

I've shot 12 gauge for years, shooting loads for upland birds and clays. Not a problem. Last year I bought a short-barreled Mossberg 500 12 gauge, and just grabbed the first box of shells I saw on the shelf to try it out with. I didn't realize that high-brass buckshot loads would pound me like they did. :eek: The first shot dang near knocked me on my butt. :rofl: After about 5 rounds, I was done.