Looking for a Pinion Gear for Craftsman Router

Al Launier

I have an old Craftsman Model 315-17381 Router that has a stripped Height Adjustment Pinion Gear (P/N 3-606536-01). I believe this pinion is the same as for the Model 315-17380 as well. Sears no longer replaces this part.

Any ideas where I can find one?

Thanks a lot Chuck. That source has the most promise so far, after having searched "everywhere". I'll call them tomorrow. Perhaps I can get my old router working??? I have a project in need. I'll also save that site as a Favorite Place.

Thanks again!

I have one of those routers. So, Carol is sending you a combo set and you still want to fool around with that old 1/4" shaft only router motor? I'll see if I can find mine. It hasn't been used in about 30 years. ;-)

OK Al, I found my old 315.17381 router that I PM'd you about. It is complete, runs smooth and I have the wrench, dust shield and the original manual from when I bought this router new well over 30 years ago. PM me your address and if it is worth it to you to pay shipping, its yours.

Carol,

Please don't do anything that would compromise your safety or your health. When you can get to it that will be fine. In the meantime, Glen has found his old Craftsman router that is the same model as my old one that died. I can use his for replacement parts, or as is, and use mine for spare parts. I would use the old Craftsman for rough work & yours for "good" work & hopefully on a good table!

OK Al, I found my old 315.17381 router that I PM'd you about. It is complete, runs smooth and I have the wrench, dust shield and the original manual from when I bought this router new well over 30 years ago. PM me your address and if it is worth it to you to pay shipping, its yours.

Glen, thank you very much for your trouble & generosity. Looks like those who said that one needs several routers were prophetic. I'm on my way! Glen., I'll be glad to buy the router from you & pay for shipment. I'll post my address on a PM.

After waiting since the 27th of February, I finally received Carol's Book (paperback version) yesterday. It is in new condition. Gotta tell ya I am impressed with the quality of information, the pictures, the detail, the emphasis on jigs & fixtures, and the overall presentation of router technology & use. Also, I like that the flaps were folded over as this really helps keeps the cover sturdy & liked the thicker than normal pages which makes turning pages easier, especially for arthritic fingers. You were right guys, probably the best $$$ value I ever spent.

Now I have to wait until the end of April to get my "new to me" Ridgid TS before I can start working on some of the projects referenced in Carol's book. Come to think of it I'm going to have to wait at least six weeks after that while recovering from a total knee replacement. Oh well, that'll be something to motivate me to rehab quickly.

Thank for publishing the book Carol, you did a great job!