Thread: Update on flooring problem.....

Update on flooring problem.....

A few days ago I posted regarding problems I was having installing some Brazilian redwood flooring I had purchased.

After becoming completely frustrated I sent an email to Lumber Liquidators stating the frustration I had and requesting that they consider allowing me to return the material that I had not used. I realized that I had been told that I could not return the material due to a small discount I had been given.

Lumber Liquidators called me back and told me to return everything that I had purchased and that they would be glad to exchanged every thing for different type of wood. I told them that there was a significant amount of material that had been drilled, nailed or broken. I also didn't think I had all of the original boxes. "No problem at all" I was told, "Bring it back and we will take care of it."

I returned all of it yesterday and exchanged it for 3/4" American Cherry. While the new floor may be somewhat soft and prone to dinging and gouges, my wife is thrilled with the new wood and I am pleased that I will be able to install it without the tribulations I had before. I am waiting for everything to acclimate and will begin installation next week.

Lumber Liquidators certainly earned my business in the future.

Greg

That is a great follow-up. Hope the new installation goes well.
    Semperfi

Alan DuBoff is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Greg,

I used lumber liquidators also for my floor in my office. I love it. I was going to use laminate flooring at first, but returned it and got solid 3/4" purple heart, it was special order, but I love it. Worked out very well in my office.

Ray,

Thanks. I am sure the cherry flooring will install very easily compared to the Brazilian redwood. I was amazed at the difference in the weight of the boxes.

Alan.

That office looks very nice. Congratulations.

Greg

Greg,

I am glad that worked out for you.

We use lumber liquidators also. (in the other business)

Great company.

Alan,

That is one darn nice office.

When you get a chance could you straighten that 4 outlet box

next to the door. Thanks.

Per

I 'm sorry, it is a pet peeve and I am a son of a gun. (translated for family f.)

I will call our electrician back for just one of those.

One more lil story...That bar... the kid torqued the brass plates down so hard

with a gun no less that they distorted. Right in front of me and his boss.

I lost it... and I can and do lose it....

Per

Per, God is in the details, the attention to details often separates the craftsmen from the also rans.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Funny, builders that are very particular notice things like out of level/plumb things right away. I noticed that quad electrical outlet in Alan's office too, before I read Per Swenson's post. I too have had discussions with my electrician about this issue. In fact, I gave him and his crew small levels to carry around when doing the finish on my jobs so they could get the plates straight. Electricians don't have a good eye for level and plumb.