Update on flooring problem.....

Greg Ladd

A few days ago I posted regarding problems I was having installing some Brazilian redwood flooring I had purchased.

After becoming completely frustrated I sent an email to Lumber Liquidators stating the frustration I had and requesting that they consider allowing me to return the material that I had not used. I realized that I had been told that I could not return the material due to a small discount I had been given.

Lumber Liquidators called me back and told me to return everything that I had purchased and that they would be glad to exchanged every thing for different type of wood. I told them that there was a significant amount of material that had been drilled, nailed or broken. I also didn't think I had all of the original boxes. "No problem at all" I was told, "Bring it back and we will take care of it."

I returned all of it yesterday and exchanged it for 3/4" American Cherry. While the new floor may be somewhat soft and prone to dinging and gouges, my wife is thrilled with the new wood and I am pleased that I will be able to install it without the tribulations I had before. I am waiting for everything to acclimate and will begin installation next week.

Lumber Liquidators certainly earned my business in the future.

Greg

Greg,

I used lumber liquidators also for my floor in my office. I love it. I was going to use laminate flooring at first, but returned it and got solid 3/4" purple heart, it was special order, but I love it. Worked out very well in my office.

small_study_complete.jpg

Ray,

Thanks. I am sure the cherry flooring will install very easily compared to the Brazilian redwood. I was amazed at the difference in the weight of the boxes.

Alan.

That office looks very nice. Congratulations.

Greg

Greg,

I am glad that worked out for you.

We use lumber liquidators also. (in the other business)

Great company.

Alan,

That is one darn nice office.

When you get a chance could you straighten that 4 outlet box

next to the door. Thanks.:D

Per

I 'm sorry, it is a pet peeve and I am a son of a gun. (translated for family f.)

I will call our electrician back for just one of those.

One more lil story...That bar... the kid torqued the brass plates down so hard

with a gun no less that they distorted. Right in front of me and his boss.

I lost it... and I can and do lose it....

Per

Funny, builders that are very particular notice things like out of level/plumb things right away. I noticed that quad electrical outlet in Alan's office too, before I read Per Swenson's post. I too have had discussions with my electrician about this issue. In fact, I gave him and his crew small levels to carry around when doing the finish on my jobs so they could get the plates straight. Electricians don't have a good eye for level and plumb.